Piper J-3 Patch to add Towing

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Eric_N57105
Airman Basic

Piper J-3 Patch to add Towing

Post by Eric_N57105 »

I bought the A2A_J-3 many years ago. I've since added the C172 and AccuSim. I run FSX:SE.

I recently saw a video on the A2A channel from Sept 23, 2009 announcing "New Features" for the J-3 available in a patch. It includes a towing feature. I checked the Controls pop-up on mine and there is no towing feature. So apparently my version is before 2009.

Is the patch still available? I can't find any mention on this site. There's a P3D4 update available, but it probably isn't for the FSX version.

If not, is there any way to upgrade the J-3 without buying the new version? I'm not cheap. I just would rather put that money into the A2A_Comanche :)

Eric

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Piper J-3 Patch to add Towing

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Eric and welcome to the A2A forums.

If you already have the FSX version of the J-3 and 172 installed, it should just be a case of downloading and running the legacy Accu-Sim update from here to make sure you have the most recent features and fixes for both of these aircraft.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Eric_N57105
Airman Basic

Post by Eric_N57105 »

Thanks for the quick reply, Nick. I ran the Updater. It updated the C172 with no problems, however, the Updater could not find the J-3. I reloaded the J-3 from the original installation exe dated 9/6/2009. It flies just fine like it did before, but the Updater still can't find it. It's installed in the same FSX:SE path as the C172. All the files have a 2009 date.

I pulled up the Controls pop-up for the J-3. In the lower right corner it says Accu-Sim N/A. I believe the Updater listed the Accu-Sim J-3. Is it possible it won't update a non-Accu-Sim version?

I would like to get this resolved, but I'm in no hurry whatsoever. I appreciate your help.

Eric

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Eric the update was for the Accu-sim version.

Did you purchase direct from the A2A Store?

If so please see here and follow the steps so we can get you updated;
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=63788

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Eric_N57105
Airman Basic

Post by Eric_N57105 »

Thanks, Lewis.
I purchased the J-3 several years ago on the company store, but I have no email records to back up where I might have purchased it. I've been inactive in flight simming for about 5 years and just now getting back into it.

Last month, I registered for a new account as I was unaware that I might have an A2A account already.
I purchased the Accu-Feel software and the C172 on the new store with the new account.

Anyway, I filled out the email information at the link you provided. Again, I'm in no hurry so give the people who run the store some slack :)

Eric

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Eric,

all sorted for you on the store, cub migrated across from the old store to the new one. You are all set to re-download. The FSX updater will still be required with the new install.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Eric_N57105
Airman Basic

Post by Eric_N57105 »

Wow! That was fast and easy (for me). Thanks, Lewis, Nick and those tending the store.
Going to be busy this week. A rebuilt J-3 and a new A2A Cherokee :)

Eric

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Eric and glad you're back in business with the J-3. Have fun! :)

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

i know this is an old thread but shoot i thought this meant banner towing. not for moving the plane by hand. it would be neat to do banner towing :lol:

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”