A2A Piper J-3 Cub

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
semenfandukhov
Airman Basic

A2A Piper J-3 Cub

Post by semenfandukhov »

The first breakdown: The main panel of the Piper J3 Cub aircraft stopped appearing. The second breakdown: the engine won't start. I'm doing everything right, but it starts up and turns off after a few seconds. The fuel tank is full, the fuel tap is on. What's happening? What did I pay money for in Steam? :cry: :cry: :cry:

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: A2A Piper J-3 Cub

Post by ratty »

Three questions to start:

Which sim are you using? (FSX, I assume.)

Did you run the updater?

Have you read the manual?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

semenfandukhov wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 05:24 What did I pay money for in Steam? :cry: :cry: :cry:
IMHO, the best J-3 Cub simulation for FSX!
did you use the :a2a: payload and fuel maneger function in the shift-4 menu to put fuel in the J-3
did you try the Auto engine start function in the shift-3 menu? if the engine starts using the auto start, then you must have done something wrong, if not, I'm sure the :a2a: staff will help you. As Ratty suggested it a very good idea to have a look in the manual, :a2a: aircraft is not just a pretty picture, there is a lot of system modeling that many other developers doesn't care about.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Just to add to the suggestions above, please can you try to clarify what you mean by "the main panel of the Piper J3 Cub aircraft stopped appearing"? If you could attach a screenshot to your post, it may help us to understand what the issue is. The virtual cockpit is part of the 3-D model, so it may be possible you've somehow moved your viewpoint.

For starting the engine, Tomas' suggestion to try the auto-start is a very good one. If this doesn't work, it suggests there's a problem with the configuration of the aircraft or the installation. For example, it's important you use the standalone payload and fuel manager to add fuel, rather than the FSX menu as Tomas mentions.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. Just to clarify that the Accu-Sim updater mentioned above doesn't apply to the Steam version of the J-3. It should be fully up to date when downloaded from Steam.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”