He 219 Uhu

Intelligent, elegant, and dressed to kill
new reply
goanna
Airman

He 219 Uhu

Post by goanna »

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and this is the first time I have ever experienced a form on the internet so please be patient if I miss any protocols. I have had a passion for this aircraft since the 1960's. I just had to have the He 219. Problem is when I select it in FS X the aircraft image comprises the propellers and cockpit only. All other surfaces are invisible. Hardware or software problem I am not sure and I have to admit I am not very pc savvy.
I have same problem using Vista and XP and 7 home doesn't support it. With Christmas approaching rapidly I need to get it sorted so I can use an enormous chunk of my holiday in the cockpit and not weeping.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: He 219 Uhu

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sounds like your FSX is not updated, here is the link to Service Pack 2;

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... 41a3e27ff0

that should get you flying in no time 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

goanna
Airman

Post by goanna »

Thank you for the link. Sp 2 insists on SP 1 first (logical) and I have attempted to download SP 1 from several sites but get stuck when running with error message fsx_Sp1_ENV_.exe not a valid win32 application. Are you able to provide a link to SP 1 which you know works or tell me if I need any specalised softward (like winzip) to run the down load?
Thank you again, I am very appreciative of your help. :?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

goanna
Airman

Post by goanna »

:D Dear lewis, Please accept my thanks for your assistance. SP1 did the trick and I haven't got to SP2 yet due to the enormous amount of fun I am having. Spent an hour at cockpit familiarisation before 1st flight from Achmer to Augsburg.
Over Christmas I plan to fly around australia with SP2.
Once again thank you, this is heaven. :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Glad you are up and flying, SP2 is a requirement for most addons for FSX these days, it has hundreds of FSX fixes in it including core optimisation so is 100% worth getting.

thanks,
Lewis

goanna
Airman

Post by goanna »

Hi Lewis,
I have installed Sp2 and all is well.
I have flown A0-R2 G9FB around Australia over the holiday. The journey comprised 17 legs with at least two landings in each state or territory except the Aust Capital territory (too many politicians there). I had a ball learning about this aircraft and I found the landing properties of the aircraft to be good.

I mostly flew VFR and was surprised at the good correlation between the FSX scenery and Google Earth.

Following the engine starting procedure I was not able to confirm the fuel pressure increase (item 7) prior to engine starting, Is this a glitch or am I missing something sequential?

I have the deluxe version of FSX and cannot locate any wing fold command for the ladder, can you confirm this is the correct command as stated in the manual.

I have enjoyed many hours with this simulation, the team at the aircraft factory have done a great job. Thank you.
Neil

new reply

Return to “Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"”