HE-219

Intelligent, elegant, and dressed to kill
new reply
Vaga
Airman

HE-219

Post by Vaga »

For some reason I have a missing gun sight in day and night mode and it makes an odd shape to the left of the sight when the landing lights are on. Anyone got fix?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vaga
Airman

Re: HE-219

Post by Vaga »

Anyone have an idea for what is wrong with the gun sight?

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

This is a coliminated gunsight and it is mounted a bit off the centerline, so you have to lean/move your head to the right-hand side to see the reflected reticle within the glass plate.
The shadow you see is a result of a conflict between the landing light cone projected on the ground and the coliminator masking screen. We have to learn to live with it. You should not see this flying higher.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Vaga
Airman

Post by Vaga »

Gave it a shot and works for me. Wouldn't it be easier to slightly move the eyepoint to the right and down so people without head tracking software like me don't get confused?

I was able to identify the cone as a product of the landing lights mixed with the sight being projected I just never thought to move the point of view for the eyepoint. It just seems a little odd the pilot would have to lean down and right by default instead of it lining up from the default eyepoint.

You could also add a viewpoint for the gun sight also. I Think I will work on giving this a shot.

Vaga
Airman

Post by Vaga »

This eyepoint seems to work good for me if anytone wants to try it.

[Views]
//eyepoint=12.6,0,2.35
eyepoint= 12.6,0.22 , 2.22

Also because it lines up better I don't see the bad cone texture anymore.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

You can move your eyepoint in the real-time using keyshortcuts (or TrackIR device).

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Vaga
Airman

Post by Vaga »

ROB - A2A wrote:You can move your eyepoint in the real-time using keyshortcuts (or TrackIR device).

regards
ROB
True. However, have you ever tried moving your joystick and throtle to stay on a target that is trying to avoid you while trying to press CTRL + SHIFT + Enter. If only I had 4 hands. Head tracking devices like TrackerIR work great however if you don't have one then keyboard commands are not a good option. Even setting the keyboard commands to my X52 Stick works however again If I am trying to stay on target last thing I want is to mess with a slow moving view point the accelerates odd.

By moving the eyepoint. I can keep the crosshairs visible and still move the plane without all the fuss.

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

Vaga,

I've re-assigned all the view movement keys to my number pad. Since I use a hat switch on my joystick/yoke for head movement (or my TrackIR, when I'm feeling fancy), it frees up these keys for another use.

Specifically, I have them assigned to "num lock off" as such:

8 - move view forward
4 - move view left
2 - move view aft
6 - move view right
9 - move view up
3 - move view down
5 - reset view to default position

Very handy for moving the outside views around, too.

That's my solution, at least!

Hope this helps,

-Ian

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

new reply

Return to “Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"”