Is Accusim required with each new aircraft ?

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
MZee1960
Airman First Class

Is Accusim required with each new aircraft ?

Post by MZee1960 »

Hi there,

A while back, I purchased the A2A WOP Civilian Mustang and added the Accusim expansion pack to it as a bundled discount. I was under the impression the Accusim expansion pack could be used with other A2A aircraft and would not have to be purchased again once I have it. I no longer see any references to the Accusim addon in the store, but instead, it seems all aircraft which are Accusim capable are sold with the Accusim pack automatically. So, if now if I wanted to buy the Spitfire would I have to purchase the Accusim again ? I don't know how the Accusim expansion pack works exactly, ... just know when it's updated the update covers all Accusim aircraft in one 'shot', so to speak. I figure then that the one Accusim pack would look after all Accusimmed aircraft one owns, yes , or ?
Cheers,
MZee.

A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great' landing is one after which they can use the airplane again.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: Is Accusim required with each new aircraft ?

Post by AviationAtWar »

The Accusim expansion software was different for each aircraft except for the Mustangs - the same Accusim package worked on both. Everything is now sold with Accusim automatically since most people bought it along with the aircraft anyway. If you buy the Spitfire now you'll have Accusim with it automatically, nothing more to buy. You'll love the Spit!

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Accu-Sim was originally an optional add-on for its already released Warbirds. Before Accu-Sim they were just like any other default model. You did not need it but it greatly enhanced the realism of each aircraft by adding its own unique handling and maintenance requirements.

Accu-Sim was later included with each aircraft when A2A started releasing GA models and was finally incorporated into the earlier Warbirds when they were made available for P3D v4.

Steve.

MZee1960
Airman First Class

Post by MZee1960 »

Thanks, guys, for the quick replies.
It all makes sense to me now.
Cheers,
MZee.

A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great' landing is one after which they can use the airplane again.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”