For anyone with a renewed/new interest in the Spitfire.

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

For anyone with a renewed/new interest in the Spitfire.

Post by Killratio »

<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Re: For anyone with a renewed/new interest in the Spitfire.

Post by Zacke »

Thanks for the links, Darryl.

Oh yes! I've bought her some days ago and I can't remember being so much riveted to an sim airplane. And I own most of the A2A birds. Let me say it in this way: The last day I only played with the spit starting her up, learning and checking the systems, reading the manuals and forums again and again, writing down little notes, taxiing around to get a feeling for her, turning her in the wind for better cooling, shutting her down, taking times for warming and cooling phases under various ambient conditions, straying up and down the runway for ground training purposes... but I didn't take her to the sky yet. I just feel not fit for that yet. I more and more fall in love with her from day to day. And it feels like the Spit is actually standing in front of my house and deserves flying and beeing maintained... Wow! Yes I want to know and learn everything concerning the safe and sustainable flying of the Spit!

Furthermore: I intend to fly her on a more or less daily base simulating just after war service (maybe delivering priority mail or so - don't want to play war) and fly and navigate like in the good old days (dead recogning, sextant, VFR). Feels little bit like in the 1940s (being born in 1980 :)). Trying to prevent to wear an old leather jacket and flying aviator glasses in front of my PC.

Darryl, glad to see you're happy with a new Spit novice! I count on you're leadership!

And yes: It seems I got stucked with the MkI - manual prop, some more gauges, handpumping (real man :) - viewtopic.php?f=77&t=69804&p=530800#p530800).

Sorry for beeing a little bit elevated!

Zacke
Last edited by Zacke on 04 Jun 2021, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Glad you like her. I was lucky enough to use a 1:1 simulator to fly her for years but currently have that pulled apart , rebuilding in metal.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

I am yearning for the Spitfire in P3Dv5! When will we see her, please?
I managed to install the Me 109E but the Spit balked at finding the installation folder. Even tricks like mklink did not work.
Anyway, it is much safer to have an airplane that is made for the particular simulator (version).
I used to alternately fly the Spit and the Me109 across the Channel and try maneuvres over the „enemy countryside“. Now, I can only do one way flights from France to South England...
Anyone any idea?
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Spitfire is in the last batch to be updated for P3Dv5 coming soon.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”