shift-2,3,4 and 7 window positioning....can it be changed?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
toby23
Airman First Class

Re: shift-2,3,4 and 7 window positioning....can it be change

Post by toby23 »

What you might be looking for is the line 'position'.
This will move the physical location of the window and define where it pops up on screen.

Following is taken from the Prepar3D guide on panels, section Panel Configuration Files.
(http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningC ... Center.php)
position
Specifies the relative position of a panel window to the main window. A number from 0 to 8 (as shown below) designates the position of the panel window. If nothing is specified, 7 is the default, otherwise, one of:

0 = upper-left corner
1 = upper-middle side
2 = upper-right corner
3 = middle-left side
4 = middle
5 = middle-right side
6 = lower-left corner
7 = lower-middle side
8 = lower-right corner.

burns
Airman First Class

Post by burns »

toby23 wrote:What you might be looking for is the line 'position'.
This will move the physical location of the window and define where it pops up on screen.

Following is taken from the Prepar3D guide on panels, section Panel Configuration Files.
(http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningC ... Center.php)
position
Specifies the relative position of a panel window to the main window. A number from 0 to 8 (as shown below) designates the position of the panel window. If nothing is specified, 7 is the default, otherwise, one of:

0 = upper-left corner
1 = upper-middle side
2 = upper-right corner
3 = middle-left side
4 = middle
5 = middle-right side
6 = lower-left corner
7 = lower-middle side
8 = lower-right corner.
Doesn't work as the panels are restrained in a smaller section of the screen. Once displayed they can be dragged though. So, I wrote an autohotkey script to move the windows to my main screen when I open them.

HILOK
Airman Basic

Post by HILOK »

hi everyone,

has anyone come up with a solution to this already and would be willing to share with the community?

I am having kinda the same problem on a 3840x2160 display. Just can't get the pop-ups out of an area of 1024x768 pixels located at the top left of the screen, no matter what I try when editing the panel.cfg file(s). Thing is, on such a display you have to move the windows to a region within bottom middle of the screen in order to be able to read the tiny text (or at least I have to).

Saving a situation as preset isn't of much help in my case, because I seldomly start my flights from the same or the last location...

Sytem context: P3D4.3 on W10; PA28 / C172

thanks,
HiLok

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello HiLok - welcome to the forums.

It is indeed possible to edit the panel.cfg file to make these 2-D pop-up windows a bit bigger when using 4K or similar monitors. For more info on how to go about this, please see this topic.

Thanks,
Nick

HILOK
Airman Basic

Post by HILOK »

Hi Nick,

thank you very much for the quick reaction (and the welcome).

The link you provided is about resizing the pop-ups. But is there a way to make the panels pop up by default in the bottom area of a 4k screen without resizing?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi HiLok,

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you on this, but as explained via PM things have been a bit busy with updates etc. :)

As mentioned, I don't own a 4K monitor for testing but you should be able to achieve the result you're after by commenting out or deleting the "pixel_size=" entry and adding a "window_size=" entry instead. This, combined with modifying the "window_pos=" field should allow you to position these panels wherever you please.

Can you test the following change to the Spit panel.cfg to see if it works for the Shift 2 'clipboard'?

Code: Select all

[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=322,615
//pixel_size=322,615
//window_pos= 0.0, 0.2 
window_pos=0.458073, 0.715278
window_size=0.083854, 0.284722
position=0
visible=0
ident=20
sizable=0

gauge00=WoP3_Spitfire!clipboard,  1,0,322,615
Thanks,
Nick

Edit: actually I see you mention the PA-28 and C172. Should work the same, with the obvious exception of the last line included above.

HILOK
Airman Basic

Post by HILOK »

Hi Nick,

thanks for your reply. Sorry, it took a while, before I noticed your reply (no notification by email), then life came in between...

Anyway. IT WORKED !!
BUT what I had to do in order to keep the popup window's original size was building the ratio between default size_mm and my screen resolution. This is how it looks like for the walk-around window to pop up in the lower left corner:

[Window07]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,768
window_size=0.26667, 0.35556 // 1024/3840, 768/2160
//pixel_size=1024,768
//window_pos= 0.000, 0.2
position=6
visible=0
ident=53
sizable=0
nomenu=1
type=special
gauge00=A2A_PA28!walkaround, 0,0,1024,768

Thank you very much for your help!
Cheers

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update and the info HiLok. You're welcome and I'm glad to hear this approach has worked for you.

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”