A2A Spits + TrackIR + FSX (Steam)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
BILL1949
Airman First Class

A2A Spits + TrackIR + FSX (Steam)

Post by BILL1949 »

Firstly, apologies if I do anything wrong here - I'm TOTALLY unaccustomed to using forums.

I want to use the A2A Spitfires within FSX Steam Edition (which I don't yet have) - but I really can't be sure of what I need from A2A to do this.

I'm seeing 'Accu Sim' & I'm seeing 'Wings of power 3 Spitfire'. I don't know what each of these do but I'm figuring that 'Wings of power 3 Spitfire' is the aircraft and that 'Accu Sim' is the software required to use the aircraft within FSX Steam....?

If so, once I have FSX Steam Edition I'll need then to buy BOTH 'Accu-Sim for the Wings of Power 3 Spitfire' ($24.99) AND 'Wings of power 3 Spitfire' ($29.99). Is this correct?

Also, are there currently any issues with using TrackIR for this?

Many thanks.
A2A Spitfire, A2A Cherokee
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS
CH Pro Pedals
TrackIR

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Spits + TrackIR + FSX (Steam)

Post by n421nj »

The spitfire is simply the aircraft. It's a nice looking nice flying aircraft, same as you would get from any other company.
Accusim is the addon package to the spitfire. This is what gives it life so to speak. With accusim you get better and more sounds, a maintenance hanger, wear and tear on parts, an authentic engine simulation, etc.

Track ir just let's you look around with your head.
So to sum it up get the spitfire and accusim
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes Accu-sim for the Spitfire is the realism package for the Spitfire.

For the TrackIR it works great with FSX. Before adding the Spitfire to the sim though I would recommend getting the FSX sim and getting use to how it works. Any questions just ask here on the forums.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BILL1949
Airman First Class

Post by BILL1949 »

Wow! These were unexpectedly quick replies which nicely answer my questions.
Many thanks to n421nj and to Lewis - A2A.

This sounds great. I already use TrackIR within War Thunder, and can now seriously plan to get FSX (SE) then both the A2A Spit & the Accu-sim products.

I also currently use ProPedals for rudder control, and my stick is a Speedlink Black Widow (not expensive, but it has integral throttle lever and functions fine for me within War Thunder - tho' I might well perform a mod that I've seen to replace the pots in this with Hall Effect devices and rare-earth magnets). In case this mod might be of any use to anyone viewing this post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wcQtBONlqM

Appreciate the advice first to acquaint myself with FSX - will do. I love my Spits in War Thunder, and I feel that the A2A spit will make it even more realistic to fly (tho' I don't expect to be able to do this without quite some work & practice).

Not having unlimited resources, are there any comments you'd add re my pedals & flight stick?

Thanks again chaps!!
CH Pro Pedals
TrackIR

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I would recommend just getting FSX getting it setup and then seeing how you do, war thunder is of course a combat shooter leaning to the relaxed realism crowd whilst FSX leans the other way toward realism and isn't a combat simulator.

You hardware should be good to setup with most of it being pretty simple plug and play.

thanks,
Lewis

BILL1949
Airman First Class

Post by BILL1949 »

Many thanks Lewis.

Last night (well, about 4 this morning...) I bought & checked out FSX SE. Flew from Stansted to Southend & back with reasonably successful landings - so, was pleased about that. FSX ran with no problems, and flight stick, rudder pedals & TrackIR immediately worked OK (though the TrackIR performance in FSX seemed a little odd).

Having used WT for some time and become accustomed to its excellent graphics, I was somewhat disappointed with the terrain graphics quality within FSX (and the detail of roads & towns, isn't at all accurate - not exactly 'Google streets', eh?). Do you know if it's likely that the terrain graphics & map reality will be improved in time? I guess that these issues wouldn't be covered by the Accu-sim download, which I take to be related to the aircraft & hanger only?

I will persevere with FSX tho'.

Many thanks for your time.
CH Pro Pedals
TrackIR

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Theres an entire world of flight simulation out there thousands upon thousands of third party content packages from payware, freeware and donationware. I'd suggest a post in the pilots lounge forum for some hints and tips on where to begin!

thanks,
Lewis

BILL1949
Airman First Class

Post by BILL1949 »

OK. Will do. Thanks for help on this. :)
CH Pro Pedals
TrackIR

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”