single brake lever

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
theriddells
Airman Basic

single brake lever

Post by theriddells »

I have built an accurate Spitfire cockpit which has the traditional spitfire control column with the single brake lever. I cannot get the brakes to work.

I previously had the A2A spitfire running under MS Flight X but having replaced my PC I have moved to P3D v4. this of course has meant relearning how to do everything I had previously set up.
I am sure the control mappings for the brake lever worked correctly on my old configuration. Didn't there used to be a Brakes lever assignment in the A2A Aircraft control configuration setup?

I have installed FSUIPC and tried assigning it through that interface but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any help will be much appreciated

Sandy Riddell

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: single brake lever

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Sandy,

No custom control inputs are needed for the brakes in the Spit. You can map the brake lever to either the "brake (left axis)" or "brake (rights axis)" axis events in P3Dv4 (or their FSUIPC equivalents).

Bear in mind that the brakes are pneumatically operated, so check the air supply pressure if they're not working. With air in the system, you should also notice that the pressure supplied to the left and right brakes is dependent on the position of the rudder bar.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

theriddells
Airman Basic

Post by theriddells »

Nick,
Thank you very much that's working perfectly. Guess I was just looking for it to be more complicated than it has to be.

Regards
Sandy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Sandy - good to hear the issue is resolved.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”