Spitfire will not install into V5 without CTDing the sim

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Adam Pestridge
Airman

Spitfire will not install into V5 without CTDing the sim

Post by Adam Pestridge »

Hiya,

I am trying to install the Spitfire plane into 5.3, without any hotfixes.. with an installer I recently brought from the A2A store.. I use P3Dv5.3 and the installation went normal and its installed into the default location (not my choice) and it CtDs teh sim everytime I load up the Spitfire plane. It happens to all liveries and at any airport, default or 3Rd Party. I have also removed the Windshield.dll file from the gauges folder..

Graphics:
Advanced Animations - ON

I have also done all the suggested items and the above entries are not anywhere in the menu... it would be nice to have this working... as I have seen my friends fly this in their sim.

Adam Pestridge
Airman

Re: Spitfire will not install into V5 without CTDing the sim

Post by Adam Pestridge »

FIXED BAD INSTALLATION

I tested several installation ways. Spitfire does not work is defined by the sim crashing to desktop as soon as loaded onto the runway. regardless of windshield.dll or not.

1. Originally, I had all my A2A planes on another drive and re-written the XML documents to separate the planes.. LIKE PLANE INSTALLATIONS SHOULD BE. NOT ALL OF THEM LINKED. (Spitfire does not work)
2. I had the Spitfire install fresh with no other A2A planes installed. (Spitfire does not work) my way or the A2A way.
3. I installed the Spitfire AFTER installing all my planes and AFTER AccuFeel. (my way or the way A2A way, Spitfire does not work)
4. I installed the Spitfire BEFORE AccuFeel and before all my other A2A planes. (works)

the only that worked was number 4.
It seems the Spitfire relies on another plane to complete its installation successfully. There is a file that must be present in another plane that does not CTD the installation. The fact no one else has this problem, does not mean it isnt a problem as EVERYONE places their addons in the documents/addons folder, this just means alot of devs and users are not using the addon folder to the best of what it can do, so A2A installs ALL their planes and so everyone loads all A2A planes every time they fly a single plane.
The point of the documents/addons folder is to have a single file there, linking the SINGLE addon (be it airport or plane) to the sim from another location, to SEPARATE the addon from the sim and other addons. The user can simply tick or untick the addon in the menu or simply remove the folder with the XML document inside from the documents/addons location. It does not mean, LINK ALL YOUR AIRCRAFT TO EACH OTHER and not allow them to be individual installations. The fact you have linked all your aircraft and you have all 15 aircraft sharing the same XML document means the user can not just load into the pool of data one A2A plane. For the Spitfire to work, they must load the plane as well that prevents the Spitfire from crashing the sim. Be it Accufeel (which I dont feel it is) or another plane. Which means, if a single person was to buy ONLY the Spitfire... they would not be able to prevent it from crashing the sim until they purchased another. Is this the reason A2A recommend that another plane be used before Spitfire and build up to it in training? I have seen this statement used in advice to users. Also, another reason maybe why the P40 is free?
Either way, I have it working now fully, sadly, I have to load all your aircraft in the pool of data and it will now be harder to find the cause of any problems in the future with so many more variables in the mix.
I do hope a change is made to rectify the XML instructions and hopefully A2A will use them properly instead of sharing them across their planes for P3Dv5.

YOU ARE THE ONLY DEV TO HAVE THIS PRACTICE.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Spitfire will not install into V5 without CTDing the sim

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

answered your post here;
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=73262

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”