Sunday 30-Jan-22 Sedona to Tombstone

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Sunday 30-Jan-22 Sedona to Tombstone

Post by Paughco »

Fellow Misfits: Next Sunday we'll be taking off from Sedona Airport (KSEZ) and flying a hopefully scenic route over the wilds of Arizona down to Tombstone Municipal Airport (P29), with many waypoints in between to hopefully show off the scenic beauty of the area. The flight will be 303 miles and will take about 2 hr 10 min in a North American T-6 Texan. Bring whatever you want, but a half-fast GA, such as a Cherokee, Cessna 172, or T-6 is recommended.

Meet at: 30-Jan-22,1830z for a 1900z departure.

Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.

Comms through A2A Discord channel.

Start at: Sedona (KSEZ).

Local takeoff time: 1100, January 24, 2022. I picked that time because that's when I created the flight, then parked my T-6 at Sedona. The weather looks great! Who knows what it'll be like next Sunday?

Weather: Active Sky historic, set for local takeoff time.

Here's the flight plan for our patrol mission on SkyVector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=33.2933443942 ... 0P04%20P29

I'll post an enhanced LNV flight plan on the multiplayer section of A2A Discord.

Seeya
ATB
Last edited by Paughco on 25 Jan 2022, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Sunday 30-Jan-22 Sedona to Tombstone

Post by Paughco »

Side note: One of the airports on our route is not in the Garmin database and will show up as "locked" if you are loading the flight plan from Little Nav Map into your Garmin GTN. That airport is Evelyn Field (AZ26) which is between Sierra Vista (KFHU) and Bisbee (P04). One way to fix this is to drag the AZ26 waypoint off the airport just a bit, which will create WP20 and save the flight plan.

A cooler way to fix it is to create a user waypoint in your GTN. Go to the menu and select WAYPOINT INFO. Select "create waypoint." Enter the following parameters:

User Identifier: AZ26. Click on the "Airport" button. Don't click on the "Temporary" button.
Comment: Evelyn Field
Coordinates: N31°22.15' / W110°7.50'
Elevation: 4242 ft

Click on the "Create" button to save your new user waypoint.

Load your flight plan into your GTN and insert your new user waypoint AZ26 and delete the blocked waypoint.

How cool is that?

Seeya
ATB
Last edited by Paughco on 25 Jan 2022, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Sunday 31-Jan-22 Sedona to Tombstone

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Sunday is the 30th, not the 31st.

-=GB=-

DavidW
Airman First Class

Re: Sunday 30-Jan-22 Sedona to Tombstone

Post by DavidW »

Nice place to start. Near to Flagstaff, Route 66, The Grand Canyon and Monument Valley.

Plus it gives me the opportunity to activate my ORBX scenery for the airport and surrounding areas. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”