Pilot introduction (meet your fellow pilots)

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Pilot introduction (meet your fellow pilots)

Post by Kilstorm »

Just wanting to start a thread to allow anyone to post about them self allowing others to put a face to a voice or a way to get a better understanding of the environment fellow pilots are when they are doing MP flights with ya.
Myself

A few pic's of my simpit. (these are actually older pics, The computer has changed but most of the rest is the same.)

My computer spec's
i7-950 OC 3.7 | X58A MoBo | 6GB DDR3/1600MHz Corsair Dominator | Superclock EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB | 240GB Corsair SSD HD | 800 watt PSU | Window7 64 | Watercooled

Nathan
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Pilot introduction (meet your fellow pilots)

Post by Killratio »

Nathan and all,

Nathan, VERY nice setup you have there!

Long time FS user (back to 1989 or so), sim builder (F-16 and Spitfire), real world pilot (pretty much ONLY aerobatics these days). A2A Spitfire Beta Tester and advisor. About 200 hours on the Spitfire so far but I am only counting from now on in my brand new logbook.

Married (23 years), mid forties, day job : professional in finance.

Part time researcher for areas that interest me, much done for other authors.
Research areas:

Spitfire,
Battle of Britain,
World War One Aviation.

One book researched and half written (but then, hasn't EVERY researcher), no novels started :lol:

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Very nice to meet all of you.
Dudley Henriques
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/ifpf_history.htm

klem
Airman First Class

Post by klem »

Hi, nice to meet you too.

a very new kid on the A2A block, attracted here by the Spitfire.
Married, two grown daughters. Retired after 23 years in Flight Simulation Support plus older stuff no where near as interesting.
Volunteer at Tangmere Aviation Museum, UK.
Been flying on-line WWII combat sims for 16 years (no spitting please) and FSX for about a year. I wouldn't claim to fly 'properly' :)
Recently got X-Plane and a new PC.
RL flying limited to the usual Chipmunk, Transport and Gliding Licence of many many years ago as an air cadet plus passengering over many years on commercials and a bit of light a/c.

Aviation addict, especially WWII types.

Computer Specs: i7 950 running 4GHz on Megahalems air cooler, 6Gb Corsair Dominator RAM, EVGA superclocked GTX570, Crucial 128Gb SSD, 750W PSU, HAF912+ case, Win 7 64bit, 22" Samsung 225BW.
"Cockpit": nowhere near Kilstorms standard, just the usual PC desk in the small bedroom. Saitek controls: X52 Pro, Rudders plus X45 throttle for RPM, some trims and miscellaneous controls.

Hoping to find some Euro-zone on-line Spitfire flying.

klem

killerwatt
BDG

Post by killerwatt »

Thought I would drop in and say hello here as I will be getting online soon hopefully. My name is Stewart (Flightname will probably be Killerwatt) I am 60 years old and semi retired. I have one grown up Daughter who works for Bank of Ireland in Dublin and one Grown up Son who is currently serving with the RAF in Afghanistan.

I was actually born on RAF Grangemouth in 1950 and have been interested in the RAF and in particular the Battle of Britain for as far back as I can remember. I spent many a day of my childhood playing in what was left of the airfield. I remember some dispersal blast pens which were a favourite haunt for us and also some pill boxes and the site of an AA gun emplacement. Very little of the field remains now, only a couple of hangars which are now industrial buildings.

During the lead up to the BoB RAF Grangemouth was visited frequently by Planes of 602 and 603 squadrons who each sent a flight of spitfires to the station on a daily basis for a time. Another famous visitor was Adolf "Sailor" Malan who was posted to 58 OTU in Grangemouth in August 1941 as Chief Flight Instructor before travelling to the USA, two months later, with several other pilots to meet and lecture with the US Army Air Corps.

Im looking forward to getting into the air with you guys soon when I become a bit more proficient with the Spit.
"He's talking about our mess bills - Sqn Ldr Brian Lane 19(F)Sqn RAF (Having heard Churchill's 'Never in the field' speech)"

Radeon HD 4870 Vapor-X 2GB, Asus P6T, Intel Core i7-920, 3GB DDR3 Memory 1600MHz Windows XP Home Edition.

allonan2361
Airman First Class

Post by allonan2361 »

My Name is Kelly, I am hoping that once I get better at flying to join you guys on line.

I live near Oshkosh, Wisconsin( which rocks the later part of July)

I have been siming since FS98, and have been a plane enthusiast since about age 5.

Kelly

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

Dudley Henriques wrote:Very nice to meet all of you.
Dudley Henriques
I get a 404 off that link, Dudley.

I'm in the UK, and my FS set up is nothing more than a non-descript desk and a Warthog HOTAS secured to the arms of my chair.

My day job is anything IT related, though I'm developing serious security solutions at the moment (I try and distance myself as much as possible from the fools who call themselves IT Security experts but who end up creating systems that get breached e.g. at Sony). I have a lot of questions I'd like to ask them!

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

VulcanB2 wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:Very nice to meet all of you.
Dudley Henriques
I get a 404 off that link, Dudley.

I'm in the UK, and my FS set up is nothing more than a non-descript desk and a Warthog HOTAS secured to the arms of my chair.

My day job is anything IT related, though I'm developing serious security solutions at the moment (I try and distance myself as much as possible from the fools who call themselves IT Security experts but who end up creating systems that get breached e.g. at Sony). I have a lot of questions I'd like to ask them!

Best regards,
Robin.
Yes. the sponsor of the site changed hands and the new owner has taken the aviation material off the site.
For me, I have a few hours and enjoyed flying very much.
DH

Nathan362
Airman

Post by Nathan362 »

Hey guys,

My name is Nathan, I just purchased the Accusim Thunderbolt. I still fly on my old crappy sidewinder 2, using the twist rudder control, so no fancy set up so far. I still occassionally burn up Pratt and Whitneys on the P-47. I am really looking for someone to fly with, either the Jug, or any of A2As warbirds. Both for fun, and to help me learn the ropes. Im not a real pilot, so far any way... Hopefully soon that will all change. My name online is the same as here, unless most of you guys use some other way to get online. Thanks for the great plane A2A, hopefully many many more to come!

Nathan

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Nathan362 you may want to look here if you like

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 79&t=21872
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

b1m2d3
Airman Basic

Post by b1m2d3 »

***oops double post*** :P
Last edited by b1m2d3 on 28 Jun 2011, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
Brandon

P-47, P-51, Spitfire, Bf109

b1m2d3
Airman Basic

Post by b1m2d3 »

Hello all,

Somewhat new here to A2A. I bought my first Warbird a few weeks ago, the P-51, then stepped it up a bit wit the P47, Spitfire and Bf109.

I've been flying in FSX for about a year now. I learned the default GA aircraft and quickly moved into flying the big iron. Shortly, thereafter I joined a VA and began accumulating alot of hours.

In the interim I've been braking the monotony by flying online/multiplayer. Mostly with modern military AC, but recently have been bitten by the WWII bug. I'd love to fly online but it appears most of your MP sessions are on Friday/Sats. Therefore should anyone be interested in getting together around 1800 GMT on Mon/Tue I'm game. :)

I also have a facebook page I created just for FSX multiplayer. Its called FSX Multiplayer Meet & Greet! Please stop by to say hello. I post all my upcoming events/sessions there. And you can see pics of alot of the AC I've flown.

I'm really enjoying flying these old time warbirds. They definitely bring new definition to landing. I can't tell you how many times I nosed over the Spitfire coming in on approach too hot..lol.. sure takes some practice.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone. I look forward to flying with you!

Cheers,

Brandon
Brandon

P-47, P-51, Spitfire, Bf109

killer757
Staff Sergeant

Post by killer757 »

Hello all,

I am 15 living in Calgary Canada. I Have been flying in the early FSX day's and have loved it ever since. I was first brought to A2A with the Accu-sim B17. I am currently in the early stages of getting my pilots license here and hope to be flying it the coming years.

I fly using a Logitec 3D pro, and hope to be buying some pedals in the next year or so. I fly in Windows 7 in bootcamp. Now heres a shocker- I use a MACBOOK PRO 13in with 2gb of RAM and unlike popular belief, It is very good at FSX. I run medium-high and get about 25-35 FPS. I Have about 500GB of storage and also use a Larger monitor for maps and also flying utilities

I also fly with the 91 BG which is a group dedicated to flying B17 on real world flights that the real 91st would have flown.
Here is a link to there website- http://www.91stbombardmentgroup.com/

It is nice meeting you all and happy landing's!

Ty D.
ImageImage

SkyHawk024
Airman First Class

Post by SkyHawk024 »

well i have done this yet so im gonna get it over with....
Hello, my name is Stephen you guys and my friends know me better as SkyHawk024.
I fly my a2a birds int he one world one sky server often and do visit the digital theme park one as well! see you guys around!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”