May 3rd MP Flight - A Charter to KwaZulu-Natal

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

May 3rd MP Flight - A Charter to KwaZulu-Natal

Post by ianfisher 101 »

This week we're on a special Safari charter flight from South Africa's largest city Johannesburg in the Gauteng province down to Durban which is the third most populous city in the country after Joburg and Cape Town and the largest city in the South African province of KwaZulu-Natal. The Indian and colonial influences in this South African beach city can’t be missed, and the blend of cultures and architecture makes Durban unique. Durban is also the jumping off point for some of South Africa's major safari locations and it's this that out passengers are with us for today. The aircraft of choice is the Lockheed Constellation L049. We'll meet at Joburg International where our passengers will board for the flight down to King Shaka International.

Meet 1800UTC
FAOR Stands c9 - c17
Departure 1815UTC
Local time 0900
Weather Real
Network Joinfs
Server Digital ThemePark
Comms A2A Discord

Sim P3Dv4.5HF3
ORBX Global, OpenLC Africa, Vector
Active Sky, Rex Skyforce3D, Rex Environment Force
O. R. Tambo International Airport FAOR Gaffer Simulations
King Shaka International Airport FALE Flightsim Development Group

https://skyvector.com/?ll=-29.594893995 ... TGV%20FALE
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: May 3rd MP Flight - A Charter to KwaZulu-Natal

Post by Paughco »

I've got my Connie parked at O.R. Tambo International. The Ident is FAJS in P3D, or FAOR in SkyVector and in my GTN 650. Not really a problem, as the airport is there, no matter if you're peering at the GTN, or if you're taxiing around the airport in P3D. It's a whole other deal when we get to the final destination. You guys with the add-on airport get to fly down a nice ILS to land on a big, wide runway, and then taxi up to a nice, cushy terminal. I did a test run and flew over a big piece of nothin' when we got over the final destination. I mean, we had gone back in time to where there was no King Shaka International. We flew down the coast line to Virginia Airport (FAVG), with it's tight little 3,051 foot runway. My passengers did not dig walking through the sand to the bus that was supposed to take them into Durban. Maybe tomorrow we'll overfly the non-airport at King Shaka, and land again at Virginia. It's a postage stamp.

Seeya tomorrow.
ATB

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: May 3rd MP Flight - A Charter to KwaZulu-Natal

Post by ratty »

I downloaded a freeware scenery for King Shaka that works well enough. Of course, it's for FSX so your mileage may vary.

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”