OSH is Cancelled... Let's Get Their Virtually!

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
MontanaPilot21
Airman

OSH is Cancelled... Let's Get Their Virtually!

Post by MontanaPilot21 »

Hello everyone, with the news this week that Oshkosh 2020 has been cancelled, I wanted to do something I've wanted to do in the sim for a while, fly across the United States and end up at Oshkosh. So I have planned just that, starting at L35, Big Bear California, we will fly once a week towards Oshkosh and upon reaching the area about the time Oshkosh would actually happen, we will shoot a simulated FISK arrival into the airport. Airplanes of choice will be anything that usually goes into Oshkosh... so anything and everything :D. These flights will happen every Friday at 1800 zulu with about hour and half or two hour legs. I may not be able to make every flight, but, I will have a flight plan set up so we reach OSH on time.

Here's the flight for this Friday, May 8th:

Location - L35, Big Bear City, California (ORBX)
Time - 1800 zulu (Let's try to takeoff within 5-15 min of time)
Aircraft - Bonanza or Commanche (Or something of equal speed)
Weather - Real, if it is poor let's plan on flying IFR or clear skies
JoinFS - DigitalThemePark
Flightplan - L35>KGCN
https://skyvector.com/?ll=35.2583289578 ... 1G4%20KGCN

Let me know what your guys think of this Idea!
Last edited by MontanaPilot21 on 03 May 2020, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Re: OSH is Cancelled... Let's Get Their Virtually!

Post by ianfisher 101 »

I like the idea and there will probably be a big turn out while we are still in lockdown. When it's lifted and we're all back to work then having flights on a workday may be an issue but lets cross that bridge, or rather go under it (thats for Ratty) when we get there. I also like the idea that we can dip in and out as we wish. The one thing I would suggest however is that you firm up on a partuclar type of aircraft for each leg. The difference between a 400mph Mustang and a 100mph Cessna is just too great. Fly Mustangs one week, Spitfires and P40's the next, then V-Tails and PA24-s, and then T-6's and C-182's, and then PA28's and C-172's. And lord above if anyone wants to take a cub all that way, have a medal. Just my thought's that way we can all fly together.
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

MontanaPilot21
Airman

Post by MontanaPilot21 »

Thanks for the tips! I’ll make the modification for this Friday in a little while! And I agree with that once things are lifted we will have to change the day or time etc. thanks!

Corsair015
Senior Airman

Post by Corsair015 »

Sounds fun!
ImageImageImage
Corsairs Forever!

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”