May 24th flight, A scenic route with a touch of fear

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Tobus75
Senior Airman

May 24th flight, A scenic route with a touch of fear

Post by Tobus75 »

Time: Sunday 24th of May, 1900z startup, 1915z up and away (was 17th, rescheduled for Ian's flight)
Sim conditions: 0700LT (so real time -12), historic weather for the place, date and time
Aircraft: Propliners. So Connie, Strat or any other you fancy that can cruise 170kias at level.
Plan: Gather up at LDDU Dubrovnik, follow the Adriatic coast, then turn left towards Bolzano.
After that we head over the Alps due NNW heading 325, tuning ADF radios 320 and 420 KHz. When they both hit about 085 bearing we turn and descent into the valley leading to LOWI Innsbruck.
Link to the skyvector planning https://skyvector.com/?ll=45.1882315233 ... 01E%20LOWI.

Means: A2A discord for comms, Joinfs for flight.
LDDU and LOWI are orbx fields, not mandatory but naturally easier on the eyes than default.

The approach into LOWI has been set up according to current weather forecast. If that changes, either the approach may change or the weather situation not set to real/historic.
Last edited by Tobus75 on 14 May 2020, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

Corsair015
Senior Airman

Re: May 17th flight, A scenic route with a touch of fear

Post by Corsair015 »

Looks awesome!! Hopefully I won't sleep in and miss it this time! XD
ImageImageImage
Corsairs Forever!

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: May 17th flight, A scenic route with a touch of fear

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Having spent several summers sitting in the pedestrian zone of old town Innsbruck, Maria-Theresien-Straße, I can tell you that the prevailing approach is via ILS 26 as arrivals flew directly overhead :!:

Two or three weeks ago I flew from Dubrovnik to Innsbruck in my Connie as well as the opposite direction. It will definitely be a challenge to use RWY 08 for arrival. :)

Arrival from Italy by train is via the Brenner Pass with its spectacular views, until you enter the very long tunnel :)

Paul

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”