Friday, June 12th - Leg 6 Virtual Oshkosh

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Friday, June 12th - Leg 6 Virtual Oshkosh

Post by Paughco »

Guys: Anybody heard from Montana Pilot on the 6th leg of our flight to KOSH? Unless directed otherwise, I plan to keep us all moving toward KOSH. I sincerely don't want to usurp Montana's plan, but I'd like to keep on keepin' on. My plan is to fly my Comanche from Sturgis, SD to a small strip near Watertown, SD. Here is the proposed route on SkyVector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=44.6666995078 ... 1D8%20KATY.

Let's pick up where we left off last week, at Sturgis Municipal, 49B. Meet at 1800z (local time 1200 MDT) on Friday 12Jun20, with takeoff at 1815. Might want to get there a bit early to get the kinks out of JoinFS and Discord, and to preflight and warm up your aircraft.
Aircraft: Comanche or similar GA. According to LNV, the flight will take 1hr 42 min in my Comanche, and you'll burn about 22 gallons of avgas on the flight (37 gal block fuel).

I tried to find us some decent scenery, I really did. But, the scenery out here is mostly flat farmland, with assorted bodies of water, including dried out rivers and mottled-looking lakes. The small airports along the way look pretty cool - most of 'em have one paved runway, then a shorter grass or dirt runway, but the only towns near those are most likely populated by prairie dogs and rattlesnakes. Watertown (KATY) is a relatively large field, with a real ILS and everything. It's also the only one along the way that is close to an actual human settlement.

Weather: Real
JoinFS: DigitalThemePark

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”