Friday June 26th - Final Leg, Virtual Oshkosh

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Friday June 26th - Final Leg, Virtual Oshkosh

Post by Paughco »

Guys: Let's pick up where we left off last week, at Richard Bong Memorial (KSUW) and fly our warbirds down to Oshkosh, WI (KOSH). Meet at 1800z (set your clocks to local time 1300 CDT) on Friday 26 Jun 20, with takeoff at 1815 Zulu (1315 local). Might want to get there a bit early to get the kinks out of JoinFS and Discord, and to preflight and warm up your aircraft.
Aircraft: P-40 or similar warbird. The P-40 cruises at about 200 mph (174 knots). According to LNV, the flight will take 1hr 45 min in a P-40, and it'll burn about 55 gallons of avgas on the flight (67 gal block fuel).

Here is the proposed route on SkyVector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=45.4357555518 ... MVO%20KOSH.

The mission profile will be as follows:

Depart KSUW at 1815 Zulu. Fly course 141 degM (or thereabouts) for 192 nm to pass over Waupaca Municipal (KPCZ).

At Waupaca turn left to course 170 degM to pass over Waupun (WI07). We are getting into position for the Oshkosh Turbine/Warbird Arrival

At Waupun turn left to course 106 degM to cross Interstate Hwy I-41.

At I-41 turn left to course 5 degM and when within 4 NM from FLD, descend to maintain 2,800’ MSL.

Proceed from the city of Fond du Lac direct to Warbird Island (6 miles SE of OSH, along the west shore of Lake Winnebago).

Pilots may be instructed to orbit the island until a landing sequence is issued. Use caution; make left turns; and stay alert for other aircraft! I figure we can orbit Warbird Island a couple times to get our gaggle together for an impressive flight over KOSH 8)

When cleared at Warbird Island, proceed to the assigned runway as directed by ATC, reduce speed to 150 knots or less and begin descent to 1,800’ MSL (2,300’ MSL for overhead approaches). Pilots are cautioned to maintain VFR separation at all times.

Pilots may request a 360° overhead approach to RWY 36 L/R or RWY 27. Break altitude is 2,300’ MSL. Expect a right break only. Fighter break! That's us!

Note: I posted the OSHKOSH 2019 NOTAM.pdf on the Discord MP discussion last week. It's available at: https://www.eaa.org/-/media/Files/AirVe ... NOTAM.ashx.

Also Note: I'm trying to follow the instructions for warbird arrival at OshKosh. Please let me know if I've missed anything, or otherwise bleeped anything up.

Weather: Real
JoinFS: DigitalThemePark
Comms: Discourse A2A Community, MP Flying Chat 1

Seeya
ATB

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: Friday June 26th - Final Leg, Virtual Oshkosh

Post by ratty »

Looks good to me. I guess we'll find out on the day. :D

After all, we're . . .

new reply