Sunday, August 16 - Scenic flight down the Colorado River

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Sunday, August 16 - Scenic flight down the Colorado River

Post by Paughco »

OK - Guess it's my turn again. So here's the mission profile: We fly from Green River Municipal (U34) to Escalante Municipal (1L7). We'll overfly, and maybe land or stop at, Canyonlands (KCNY), then fly down the Colorado River to a small field, Tangri-La (UT68). We'll continue down the River Canyon to Hite (UT03), then Bullfrog Basin (U07), after which we'll continue down the River to Rainbow Bridge National Monument to see how our flight sim scenery deals with that awesome landmark. From there we fly a dogleg route to Escalante. I've got 6,500 feet as the base altitude in our flight plan, and it doesn't look like there'll be any nasty surprises. No guarantees, however!

I plan to fly my Cessna 182, which is supposed to have good short field landing characteristics. According to my flight plan in LNV, the flight is 210 miles and will take about 1 hour 39 minutes in the 182, not counting ground ops. You should be fine in any A2A GA aircraft except for possibly the Cub, which is pretty darn slow. Plan on showing up at U34 at 1745 Zulu, Sunday August 16th, 2020. We will take off at 1800 Zulu (1100 local time). Start out with real weather, but if it turns cruddy on us then we can just go with fair weather.

Here's the Skyvector link: https://skyvector.com/?ll=38.3560879852 ... 100W%201L7

Should be fun!

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”