Sunday, September 6, 2020

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Sunday, September 6, 2020

Post by Paughco »

How about a nice scenic flight down in Papua, New Guinea? Here's the route on SkyVector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=-5.8048327366 ... YMR%20AYXM.

Let's show up at 1745 Zulu or so on Sunday, September 6. Do your preflight and runup and be ready for an 1800 Zulu (1300 local) takeoff. Dial time back to 12mm from whatever it is when you show up ("mm" being the minutes on your clock whenever you show up). Let's start out with weather set for real. If you have Active Sky, set it for historical, locked to the time in the sim. There's a good chance that the weather will be bad, and we may have to turn off our weather programs and go with default clear. I pre-ran this flight over two evenings. Yesterday I had to kill AS to go to clear weather before I died due to low, IMC terrain, but this evening the weather was just bad enough to keep things interesting, so we'll see how it goes next Sunday.

I recommend a beefy A2A GA aircraft for this flight. You'll need some power to climb over the mountain passes. I used the Bonanza on the first half of the pre-run, and the Comanche on the second half. Both were fine. Could'a done it in the 182, but I'd still be flying right now instead of writing this drivel. The airstrips aren't that bad in P3D. YMMV. We can do touch and goes at most of 'em along the way, as they typically don't have a friendly IGA deli nearby like at Darrington Airport. Probably serve monkey on a stick.

Main thing is to not fly too low over the villages. They don't like that.

I'll post the latest .pln on Discord. Speakin' of which - we should connect to the Digital Theme Park server on JoinFS, with coms via MP Flying Chat 1 on Discord.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”