September 20th Dutch tour

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Tobus75
Senior Airman

September 20th Dutch tour

Post by Tobus75 »

As Ratty reveiled he doesn't know what Hook of Holland is, I'd thought I'd show AND make a dutch tour of it.

So we start at EHMZ Midden-Zeeland, a nice GA field in Zeeland province.
From there we head north, over the Delta works, anti-flooding moving dams raised after the big flood of '53.
Then to the Maasvlakte 2, big new part of the Rotterdam harbor risen up from the sea, and Hook of Holland at the tip of the Waterway leading inland/out to sea from Rotterdam city.

Further north along Scheveningen, old EHVB where I started my training long ago, Zandvoort circuit and IJmuiden/Amsterdam harbor estuary. From there north to Den Helder, Dutch main naval base, crossing over to Texel EHTX for drinks.
After that take off, take the GA corridor south to Den Oever, where the Afsluitdijk links to Friesland, closing the old South Sea into the IJsselmeer. Further south along the coast, crossing the old VOC East India Trading Company port of Hoorn. Then on to Marken island, over Pampus island VOR, Vinkeveense Plassen and finally the sword island in the southern part of Loosdrechtse plassen, which is the entry point for a visual landing into EHHV Hilversum, my airport of choice when flying.

I suggest speeds of 110kts: Cherokee or Texan are best fits, but the GA's on eco cruise settings fine too.
1830z startup real time, 1030 sim time. Take real weather. Regular discord and joinfs setup.

To get the most out of this trip, either orbx The Netherlands True Earth or the freeware NL2000 photoreal for The Netherlands, with at least airports of EHMZ, EHTX and EHHV installed.

Route for visualisation and LNM:
https://skyvector.com/?ll=51.7742983590 ... 04E%20EHHV

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”