Sunday September 27th - Taking Cubs to the Beach

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Sunday September 27th - Taking Cubs to the Beach

Post by ianfisher 101 »

This week's adventure is a low and slow chill flight along part of the Queensland coast of Australia. It starts in Gympie (YGYM) where after take off we head to YBSU, then turn right down the coast to YCDR. Next stop is YRED before flying past Brisbane on route to our final stop Gold Coast.YBCG.

Meet at: 1745z for an 1800z departure.
Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.
Comms through A2A Discord channel.
Local time: 0900.
Weather: Real

Aircraft
A2A Cub, normal wheels.

Scenery
ORBX Australia v2

Airports
YCDR, YRED, YBCG - ORBX
YGYM, YBSU, - default P3dv5

https://skyvector.com/?ll=-27.227768121 ... RED%20YBCG

Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

AMA230
Airman

Re: Sunday September 27th - Taking Cubs to the Beach

Post by AMA230 »

Thanks Ian for setting up this flight along the Australian beach to our destination YBCG, Gold Coast. I enjoyed this flight very much - inclusive the surprises we - or better I had.

Well this fault at YRED, Redcliff was definitely caused by the pilot (who actually was me :roll:) using too much breaking power.
I had to ask a mechanic onsite for an overhaul.

This picture shows the overhauled aircraft in front of the local aero club where we had pleasant time in the mean time.

We continued our trip and had fun flying underneath of bridges on our further way south.

All the sudden, without any announcement - no exceptional noise, no smoke, no possibility to restart in flight - my engine died. :? :evil: The only option was to identify an empty spot on ground and have the aircraft safely glide and land there. :D
How could this happen after only 0.8 hrs after the last repair? I guess the mechanic at Redcliff missed some pending defects when overhauling after the headstand with prop strike. :(

The second mechanic we called to overhaul the broken engine handed me over this highly informative message: if you didn't realize yet, your engine has died! :shock:

Finally we made it to YBCG, Gold Coast airport, where we parked on the empty car parking spot of the tower crew. :lol:

If you want to meet such challenges and stay cool while managing them, come to the Misfit Squadron, our motto: what could possibly get worse? Nobody died - except for the engine. :D

Kind regards
Gernot, alias AMA230

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

Yes you did have quite an adventure. Be interesting to get some thoughts about why a brand new newly overhauled engine would just quit. Did you check the engine oil level? I wonder if an overhaul fills up the oil tank as well?
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

All in all, that was a fun flight. I was totally bummed when P3D crashed my flight sim. With the CUB? What? Oh well... What to do? I decided to change airplanes, starting at the point of departure in my Mk II Spitfire. I managed to catch up with all my pals in their Cubs. Hope nobody got flipped over in my 250 mph prop wash when I passed you guys. Looking forward to Friday's flight!

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”