Sunday November 8th Tasmania

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
DavidW
Airman First Class

Sunday November 8th Tasmania

Post by DavidW »

I have put together a bit of scenic flight for the Piper Cub. My first attempt so I hope it comes out okay.

There is a Demo/freeware Tasmanaia from ORBX for those Misfits who may not have the Australian scenery package installed.

We start at YDPO Devonport Airport, Tasmania flying for a while through some valleys, over some lakes and a couple of mountains to wend our leisurely way and land at YQNS Queenstown Airport, Tasmania where there is parking and an FBO for some light refreshments. The max altitude at one point was 4,300 feet which is manageable for the Cub. No complaints from Heidi when testing it and at 1 hour 51 minutes I trust won't be too long.

Couldn't spot any Tasmanaian Devils though. :lol:

I have provided the link to the Sky Vector plan, also my first attempt at adding into a post.

https://skyvector.com/?chart=301&zoom=2 ... ,145.87207

Meet at the usual place and time for 19:00 Zulu start.
I would suggest fair or clear weather to enjoy the stunning scenery.
Set the local time for 10:00 am start so as the cockpit isn't too cold if you are bringing Heidi along. :)

Sorry for not being able to add the map image. i will find a way to do this in the future.
ImageImage
ImageImage

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: Sunday November 8th Tasmania

Post by ratty »

Sounds promising, David, and full marks for promptness! On the map link, I'm seeing Tasmania but not the route. Are you copying the link from the Link menu at the top right?

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

As Ratty said no route in that link. You need to click on the routing link top right in Sky Vector and copy that into the A2A MP page.

Ian
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

DavidW
Airman First Class

Post by DavidW »

https://skyvector.com/?ll=-41.623929152 ... 36E%20YQNS

I hope this is now correct.

New ground for me.

I think weather of choice might be best. I will fly it again tonight with one of the ORBX themes and then with real weather tomorrow night.
ImageImage
ImageImage

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Nice. Looks like fun!

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

Got it now we’ll done
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

DavidW
Airman First Class

Post by DavidW »

I flew it this evening using ORBX weather system 4. Bad cross winds so I shall try with real weather Active Sky tomorrow. It took from take off to shut down approximately one hour and twenty minutes. I thought it would be a bit longer.

But by the time we all get airborne and taxi into the parking area north side of runway 9/27 at our final destination two hours should have elapsed.

It is mostly scenic and navigating by water features - no GPS required. :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Awright! A Cub flight! I've got my little yellow J-3 pre-positioned at Devonport.

Thank you for setting this up!

Seeya
ATB

DavidW
Airman First Class

Post by DavidW »

Flew it again tonight with real weather. A lot better with no nasty crosswinds. Total flight time approx one hour and twenty seven minutes but including start, taxi and shut down will add extra minutes so we should be able to fill up to two hours.
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”