Sunday 13th December - The First Great Misfit Squadron Inaugural Air Race Championship Event Thingy

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Sunday 13th December - The First Great Misfit Squadron Inaugural Air Race Championship Event Thingy

Post by ianfisher 101 »

Normally we just get on and fly our Sunday routes in a measured and orderly fashion with no winners and no losers. Well today that's all about the change because we are going to have a race, or rather a series of races.

The event will comprise of Three heats and a feature race. The top Three who finish in lets say First, Secord and Third places will win absolutly nothing except the bragging rites of being the fastest air racers on the planet. The races will consist of a departure from an airport of my choice out to another airport and back again. We will all take off in the time honoured fashon 3-2-1- GO, fly to our destination, land on the runway, taxi to the far end, round a loop or run up area before taking off again to return. The winner will be the first to stop on the runway under control of their aircraft and pointing in roughly the correct direction with no damage.
We will all fly A2A T-6s with the P3D default pilot weight and default Fair Weather preset. The fuel level is your choice, obviously less weight means potentially more speed but make sure you have enough for the outward and inward legs. No far end or inflight refueling allowed. Depending on how many Pilots are mad enough to show up for this will depend on how many will go through from each heat to the feature race. Say if we get 8-10 pilots then 2 from each heat will go through. If we only get 5 or 6 then just the winner of each heat will make it. Even if you've been knocked out you can still take part in every race but won't be officially counted. I will reveal our first airport on Discord just One hour before we are due to start so 1800z on Sunday 13th. The airports for the remaining Two heats and the feature will be unvealed during the event.

Because the Misfit's are men of honour, (not being sexist, it's just we have no female members yet) we will agree not to undertake any form of skullduggrey like setting up 150kt tail wind for youself or being generous with your turn at the far end. In the sprit of this I obviously know the airports we are using but I have not and will not do any kind of pre- run to gain any form of advantage. I will reveal the airports giving plenty of time to study google earth so you know what's awaiting at the far end. How you get there is up to you. All nav aids are allowed, NDB's VOR's ILS, RNAV what ever you like. Do you fly fast and long hoping to stop and turn in time or a more conservative approach and land in good time with possibly a longer and slower but safer taxi to the end.

For those Misfit's that do not have a T-6 or those that do not want to take part in the flying I have a job for you as official observers and commentators. Station yourself at the far airport, set up a drone cam and watch everyone land, turn and take off again, then repo to the finish line and observe and call the landing before declaring the winner and runner up.

Meet 1845z
Take Off 1900z
Sim time 1200
Weather P3D Fair Weather Preset
Network JoinFS
Server Digital Themepark
Comms A2A Discord.

Airports revealed on the day hence no Sky Vector for you for this event.

That's it
Have fun
Ian
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Re: Sunday 13th December - The First Great Misfit Squadron Inaugural Air Race Championship Event Thingy

Post by Tobus75 »

for the observers, I can recommend the Franz Luftfahrh Paramotor: https://secure.simmarket.com/franz-luft ... -p3d.phtml

Very fun pack to just rise on the lawnmower on your back, than paraglide around in sheer bliss.

Good show Ian, hope I can make it!

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: Sunday 13th December - The First Great Misfit Squadron Inaugural Air Race Championship Event Thingy

Post by ratty »

I'm happy to volunteer for observer duty. I followed Toby's link to the paraglider and bought the Drifter instead, a perfect observation platform.

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

Morning All, Happy Sunday.

Our first airport for todays event is London Heathrow. EGLL. We'll be taking off from runway 09R so best parking for that is between 519 and 527.

Reminder T-6's only, default pilot weight, Fair Weather preset and local time for all heats is 1200.

Fuel and nav aids...your choice.

See you in a bit.
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”