Fellow Misfits and Misfit Wannabes: Y'know how our Friday flights are typically made up of legs of a fairly long flight? Well, this one is gonna be a real doozy. Why don't we fly from the far North of North America down to the very tip of South America? We don't want it to take all year, so we'll need something really fast; this seems like a flight that is just made for the P-51 Mustang.
Here's the SkyVector map of the overall flight:
https://skyvector.com/?ll=48.4816608936 ... GYP%20SAWH.
I'm calling it "The Long Way Down," or LWD for short. I'll be planning each leg of the flight over the week before we fly it, so it'll vary a bit from that preliminary overview.
The first flight of the LWD flight is a straight shot from Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial (PABR) in Barrow, Alaska, down to Dawson City (CYDA), in Yukon Territory, Canada. Here's the SkyVector route for LWD01:
https://skyvector.com/?ll=67.9437129029 ... FYU%20CYDA.
Meet: 1845z or earlier to check out your airplane, warm it up, etc.
Take Off: 1900z
Sim time for take off: 1200 local
Weather: Real, Historical for the time and date of our flight, or custom if bad.
Server: Digital Themepark
Comms: A2A Discord.
The reason we're taking off at local noon is because of the near darkness due to extreme North latitude, and it's almost winter up there. Keep your bear spray handy while walking from flight ops to your airplane and during preflight, as polar bears have been seen wandering around the strip. It'll be lighter down at Dawson City, but we'll want to boogie on down there because there are no runway lights. Distance for LWD01 is 592 miles, and will take about 2 h 25 m at a ground speed of 245 knots. Block fuel is 165 gallons. Make sure your oxygen is full, because the plan is to climb up to a cruise altitude of FL20+ or so, depending upon winds aloft.
The scenery on the first leg won't be very spectacular, but it'll be the perfect way for those of us who are new in the Mustang to get familiar with that wonderful aircraft.
LWD02 is currently planned from CYDA down to Juneau, Alaska, and the scenery should be better on that one.
For those who love to fly in multiplayer
- General Discussion
- ↳ Pilot's Lounge
- ↳ Flight Academy
- ↳ Repainters
- ↳ Multiplayer
- Captain of the Ship (COTS)
- ↳ Boeing 377 Stratocruiser
- ↳ Boeing 377 Tech Support
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Constellation
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support
- ↳ Bonanza "V-Tail"
- ↳ Bonanza Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support
- ↳ T-6 "Texan"
- ↳ T-6 "Texan" Tech Support
- ↳ C182 Skylane
- ↳ C182 Skylane Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support
- ↳ C172 Trainer
- ↳ C172 Trainer Tech Support
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support
- ↳ P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)
- ↳ P-51 Tech Support
- ↳ P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P-40 Tech Support
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support
- ↳ B-17 Flying Fortress
- ↳ P-47 Razorback
- Accu-Feel: Global Sim Enhancement
- ↳ Accu-Feel General Discussion
- ↳ Accu-Feel Technical Support
- ↳ Accu-Feel Development & Feedback
- for FSX (other)
- ↳ A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX
- ↳ P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P51 Mustang
- ↳ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4
- ↳ Supermarine Spitfire MKI
- ↳ P47 Thunderbolt
- ↳ WWII FIGHTERS
- Aircraft Factory (a division of A2A Simulations)
- ↳ P-51H "High Performance Mustang"
- ↳ Avro 504K
- ↳ Avro Anson MKI
- ↳ Albatros D.III (Oeffag)
- ↳ Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"
- ↳ F4U Corsair
- for FS2004
- ↳ North American P51 "Mustang"
- ↳ Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"
- ↳ Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"
- ↳ Focke Wulf "Long Nose"
- ↳ Heinkel He 219 "Owl"
- ↳ Heavy Bombers and Jets
- ↳ Wings of POWER Technical Support
- Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
- ↳ BOB2 General Discussion
- ↳ BOB2 Technical Support
- ↳ BOB2 FAQ FORUM
- ↳ FirePower General Discussion
- ↳ FirePower Technical Support
- ↳ Other Sim News
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest