This year's Hawaii Misfit Tour will start at Hilo Intl (PHTO) and take us over the high country of the 'Big Island'
to include Kilauea/Volcanoes Natl Park and the observatory at 13,800' on Mauna Kea. From there, we dive back down
to sea level through the Waipio Valley before heading toward the grave of Charles Lindbergh on Maui. Lindbergh famously said
"I would rather spend one day on Maui than 30 days in the hospital" after being diagnosed with cancer and opting to live his final
days on Maui over receiving treatment in New York.
After following the wonderful North Shore of Maui, we fly over the waters of the Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary
towards the island of Molokai and its 3500-4000' tall sea cliffs. Next comes postcardesque Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach on the island of Oahu before we
make a lap around the west side of the island.
We finish the trip in style by flying over the remnants of the Halewia Fighter Strip where 2nd Lieutenants Taylor and Welch famously scrambled
their P40s into the air during the attack, managing to down six Japanese aircraft while taking damage to themselves and their aircraft.
From there we will follow the primary route of the attack, over the Dole Pineapple fields and Wheeler AAF before arriving at Pearl Harbor
and landing on Ford Island to park at the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum. If we stay on schedule, we should be arriving just after 0800 local - which is when the
first wave of the Japanese attack began in 1941.
The aircraft of choice is of course the A2A P40, still graciously available for free from the A2A store. Included with that is the livery of the 2nd Lt Taylor
mentioned above which would be a fitting choice for this trip. Additionally, this link - http://mikesrepaints.com/p40.html - has two other
18th Pursuit Group aircraft (ZK-TWK of 2nd Lt Welch, and actual Pearl Harbor survivor G-CDWH) that would be wonderful to see along the trip.
The Hawaiian Scenery is wonderful, but this trip would be made complete with the freeware products found here - https://hawaii-photoreal.com/downloads-fsx-p3d/ -
that include high resolution satellite imagery, custom objects, hand placed autogen, and effects for all of the Hawaiian Islands and their airports.
Additionally, the payware Orbx Honolulu CityScape models Ford Island and the Museum where we will be parking very well.
Take Off 1900z
Sim time 0630
Weather ActiveSky Historical Real (12/06/2020 @ 0630L)
Server Digital Themepark
Comms A2A Discord
https://skyvector.com/?ll=21.2169325428 ... 58W%20PHNL
For those who love to fly in multiplayer
- General Discussion
- ↳ Pilot's Lounge
- ↳ Flight Academy
- ↳ Repainters
- ↳ Multiplayer
- Captain of the Ship (COTS)
- ↳ Boeing 377 Stratocruiser
- ↳ Boeing 377 Tech Support
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Constellation
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support
- ↳ Bonanza "V-Tail"
- ↳ Bonanza Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support
- ↳ T-6 "Texan"
- ↳ T-6 "Texan" Tech Support
- ↳ C182 Skylane
- ↳ C182 Skylane Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support
- ↳ C172 Trainer
- ↳ C172 Trainer Tech Support
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support
- ↳ P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)
- ↳ P-51 Tech Support
- ↳ P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P-40 Tech Support
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support
- ↳ B-17 Flying Fortress
- ↳ P-47 Razorback
- Accu-Feel: Global Sim Enhancement
- ↳ Accu-Feel General Discussion
- ↳ Accu-Feel Technical Support
- ↳ Accu-Feel Development & Feedback
- for FSX (other)
- ↳ A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX
- ↳ P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P51 Mustang
- ↳ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4
- ↳ Supermarine Spitfire MKI
- ↳ P47 Thunderbolt
- ↳ WWII FIGHTERS
- Aircraft Factory (a division of A2A Simulations)
- ↳ P-51H "High Performance Mustang"
- ↳ Avro 504K
- ↳ Avro Anson MKI
- ↳ Albatros D.III (Oeffag)
- ↳ Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"
- ↳ F4U Corsair
- for FS2004
- ↳ North American P51 "Mustang"
- ↳ Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"
- ↳ Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"
- ↳ Focke Wulf "Long Nose"
- ↳ Heinkel He 219 "Owl"
- ↳ Heavy Bombers and Jets
- ↳ Wings of POWER Technical Support
- Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
- ↳ BOB2 General Discussion
- ↳ BOB2 Technical Support
- ↳ BOB2 FAQ FORUM
- ↳ FirePower General Discussion
- ↳ FirePower Technical Support
- ↳ Other Sim News
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest