Sunday 17th january, covert transport

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Tobus75
Senior Airman

Sunday 17th january, covert transport

Post by Tobus75 »

Sunday's flight, 17th of January.

Due to lack of time I have not pre-flown this, originally wanting to do something "vietnam" but seeing it woefully inept on the airfields side in our sims.
So I went a bit bigger on the fields, thinking at least the bigger fields would be properly put in sim.

Vietnam, 1968. Military advisors are to be transported covertly from Cambodia to Laos. Misfit squadron has been hired for the task. Having virtually flown in after dark from Saigon's Than Son Nhut to Phnom Phen, we will start at the very break of dawn. Each of us will carry 2 private military contractors from No Such Agency from Phnom Penh, Cambodia, to Pakse in Laos.
This we will do in private aircraft to mask the military nature of our flights, as naturally we have no business doing what we do in either countries.

To mask our flight, we will start engines just before daybreak. We will first head east, picking up the Mekong river and then following that north towards Pakse. It is deemed risky to fly over jungle without eyes and ears on the ground, so stay over the river. At no moment will we venture above 2500 ft, as this is deemed the most dangerous altitude with regards to AAA. Below 500 ft there is the risk of small arms fire, but our speed, big river below and superior airmanship should counter that.
Details below, normal linkup with discord and joinfs applies.

https://skyvector.com/?ll=13.0759111376 ... 01E%20VLPS
Note the route is generic, following the river is key and putting every bend in the plan is silly, if even possible given the nature the Mekong flows seasonally.

Real time: 1930utc start. If you are up for it and early, take off from VVTS to VDDP no less than 50min prior to meet the departure slot at VDDP (I will if I can make it in time).
Sim time: daybreak 0600LT.
Weather: historic real unless otherwise advised during flight.
Aircraft: fast GA's (Comanche, Bonanza, C182) or anything else making a 130-140 KIAS cruise.
Take off from: VDDP Pnomh Penh
Destination: VLPS Pakse
Last edited by Tobus75 on 17 Jan 2021, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: Sunday 17th january, covert transport

Post by ratty »

Nice one, Toby. You've made this one very interesting and I can hardly wait!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

VERY badass. I'm in! How much are we getting paid for this flight? No big. Nobody left behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhA ... Dlu6N-MvIj.

Seeya
ATB

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

I so want to fly this in a Huey.....Oh well.
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

ianfisher 101 wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 21:17 I so want to fly this in a Huey.....Oh well.
Do it then!
I've contemplated using an ov-10 myself.

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”