Friday, February 19, 2021 - LWD13

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Friday, February 19, 2021 - LWD13

Post by Paughco »

Our mission for this coming Friday, codenamed LWD13, is to keep moving south. I'm still trying to expedite our overall flight, but the emphasis on LWD13 will shift back a bit towards coolosity of scenery. Our Mustangs will have to work hard to get us out of Inco Manco Capac (SPJL), due to the 12,552 field elevation. We'll fly south over Lake Titicaca (this makes me think of a bad Bevis and Butthead cartoon) to overfly a small airstrip, then follow a relatively scenic route to the coast. We'll follow the coast south, looking for points of interest (a.k.a. targets of opportunity). we'll be landing at Chañaral Airport (SCRA). Chañaral is a small coastal city and commune in the Atacama Region, a colorful town largely unknown by tourists. The town is considered unspoiled, with the benefit of having absolutely no high rise buildings. On the arid hills nearby is a lighthouse which casts a beam over the town during the night. Throughout the day and night, there is a lively, bustling atmosphere on the narrow streets. Despite it being coastal, it is not a typical seaside resort, partly because the ocean is contaminated by the copper mining industry.

NOTAM: There is rising terrain north and south of the Chañaral Airport. Field elevation 97 feet, runway length 4,019 feet.

The flight will be 718 miles, which will take us about 2 hr 43 min in our trusty P-51s.

Meet: 1845z or earlier to check out your airplane, warm it up, etc.
Take Off: 1900z
Sim time for take off: 1100 local
Weather: Real, Historical for the time and date of our flight; clear, fair, or custom if bad.
Network: JoinFS
Server: Digital Themepark
Comms: A2A Discord.

Block fuel for this flight is 181 gallons. I plan to run full wing tanks and about 40 gallons in the fuselage tank. We'll be getting into serious mountains, so make sure your O2 system is fully serviced and checked out.

Here's the SkyVector link: https://skyvector.com/?ll=-18.325326319 ... CFA%20SCRA.

I'll post a similar message about this flight on the MP Section of the A2A Discord Channel, which will include the flight plan in .pln format.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”