Friday, March 5, 2021 LWD15

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Friday, March 5, 2021 LWD15

Post by Paughco »

I was trying to edit the first post, but I messed it up, so I reposted it below. Please ignore this post and look at the one below.

Seeya
ATB
Last edited by Paughco on 28 Feb 2021, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Friday, March 5, 2021 LWD15

Post by Paughco »

NOTE: The flight plan has been slightly altered, for more scenic beauty and crazed canyon flying antics. This change is being posted at 2:09 Zulu, 1 Mar 21, so if you've already downloaded the link, I suggest that you do it again. Sorry for the inconvenience - Ratty has assured me that it will be totally worth it.

Our mission for this coming Friday, codenamed LWD15, is to keep moving south. Still trying to maintain an even strain, between direct boogie and interesting scenery. I tend to follow the magenta line, but really did enjoy Ian's little side trip through a bunch of valleys and canyons in LWD14.

We start from General Bernardo O'Higgins Airport (SCCH), near the town of Chillán. Should we fly down the rocky coastline? Or up into the mountains to the east? I've got us flying through the mountains for the first part of the flight, then we overfly Molco Airport (SCCM) and fly past some hopefully dormant volcanoes and fly down a canyon, then head west. We fly over islands and rugged coastline. We end up at Balmaceda (SCBA).

The flight will be 640 miles, which will take us about 2 hr 21 min in our trusty P-51s.

Meet: 1845z or earlier to check out your airplane, warm it up, etc.
Take Off: 1900z
Sim time for take off: 1100 local
Weather: Real, Historical for the time and date of our flight; clear, fair, or custom if bad.
Network: JoinFS
Server: Digital Themepark
Comms: A2A Discord.

Block fuel for this flight is 160 gallons. I plan to run full wing tanks and about 40 gallons in the fuselage tank. We'll be getting into serious mountains, so make sure your O2 system is fully serviced and checked out.

Here's the SkyVector link: https://skyvector.com/?ll=-42.108003849 ... CAS%20SCBA

I'll post a similar message about this flight on the MP Section of the A2A Discord Channel, which will include the flight plan in .pln format.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”