Sunday March 7th - To the Frozen North

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Sunday March 7th - To the Frozen North

Post by ianfisher 101 »

Buffalo Joe from Buffalo Airways needs our help. He has an urgent Valley run to complete and his DC-3's and C46's are out on other jobs. We've been contracted to take some passengers and cargo from Hay River to Fort Good Hope via YellowKnife and Norman Wells.

We depart first of all from Hay River with a mixed load, 20 pax and several kilos of Cargo. Do your own weight and balance including your fuel selection. Fuel is avaialble at Hay River and YellowKnife only. At Yellowknife we will off load the pax and cargo and reload with a full compliment of passengers for the flight to Norman Wells. The time to this point will be around 2hrs 40mins so those that are tight for time can bale here. Pilot's that want to fly on and complete the mission will off load their pax at Norman Wells and load up with just Cargo for the final 73 mile hop to Fort Good Hope. Depending on winds on the day, Leg one will be flown at 10,000ft, leg Two 23,000ft and leg Three at 8,000ft

Meet 1845z
Depart 1915z
Sim time Zulu (local 1215)
Weather Real.
Network JoinFS
Server Digital Themepark
Comms A2A Discord.

Aircraft A2A Constellation
Buffalo Airways Repaint. Obtain trough the Connie Page on A2A Forum or here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jEra ... ZCRlU/view
CYHY ORBX Global Airport Park
CYZF https://militaryaiworks.com/briefing-ro ... zf-fsx-p3d
CYVQ ORBX Global Airport Pack
CYGH ORBX Global Airport Pack

If you decide to get YellowKnife you'll have to remove any BGL's from the ORBX pack and any default BGL's, otherwise you may get those bleeding through the Militaryworks version because their installer does not contain an exclusion AFCAD.

https://skyvector.com/?ll=63.1367372324 ... YVQ%20CYGH

Last edited by ianfisher 101 on 06 Mar 2021, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Sunday March 7th - To the Frozen North

Post by Paughco »

Looks like a great flight! I took my Connie out on a couple flights in the USA just to re-familiarize. Great airplane.

Seeya
ATB

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

The PLN file came out reversed for me. Had to reverse it to fly Hay River, Yellowknife, Norman Wells, Ft Good Hope.

Not sure how that happened. May have been a 'slip' of my mouse with the left button down....????

EDIT: Somehow it got reversed when I loaded it in LN Map and then saved it. So ignore this.

-=GB=-

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ok so the airports are optional right? I am running P3Dv5 are the Orbx packs in use for v5 or v4 only?

thanks
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Far as I know, the airports are optional.

One thing that might help, according to "those in the know" is starting up your Connie at your home field (hopefully not as cold as Hay River!) and running the engines, then running oil dilution per page 135 of the A2A Connie manual. Shut down as usual. This is supposed to allow startup at the anticipated cold a$$ conditions at Hay River.

These MP flights just keep getting better and better!

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its been a while since I flew her for pleasure and its not the start up I am worried about but the general flying and landing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thankgod for the AI engineer etc! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”