New York to Maine - Friday, 17-Sep-21

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

New York to Maine - Friday, 17-Sep-21

Post by Paughco »

Our flight this Friday will be a "one-off," that is, not part of a series. We have either one or two flights left in our Orient Express series, but Ian is called away and won't be able to lead us until Friday after next. Ratty has a really great set of flights planned for a classic Caribbean adventure, but he is called away also. So, it's up to me.

Anybody ever read a story about this lawyer, Stone Barrington? Here's everything you need to know about this character: https://www.thoughtco.com/everything-yo ... oks-362413. Barrington lives in New York (mostly) and flies his own airplane to his other homes and his adventures. One of his places is up in Maine. I'm pretty sure it's on Islesboro Island, which is just off the mainland of Maine. So the plan is, we'll fly Comanches or Bonanzas from Morristown Municipal (KMMU) in New York up to Islesboro Airport (57B), mostly following Victor Airways, with plenty of VORs for your navigational pleasure. I'll be following Garmina's magenta line as displayed on the GTN 750 in my Comanche. The scenery should be pretty good, the weather will be unpredictable, and the destination field will be "interesting."

Here's the Skyvector representation of this flight: https://skyvector.com/?ll=43.3238789213 ... AZZR%2057B.

Preferred aircraft is reasonably fast GA, such as a Comanche or Bonanza. Or a Cessna 182. Block fuel for the Comanche for this flight will be 43 gallons. The flight will take about 2 hr 9 min.

Meet at: 1730z for a 1800z departure.

Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.

Comms through A2A MP Flying Chat 1.

Local takeoff time: 1100.

Weather: historic, set for 1100, September 21, 2021.

I'll post the LNV flight plan on Discord. Hey - what's the worst that can happen?

Seeya
ATB (Paughco).

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”