Sunday 7-Nov-21 - Rocky Mountain High REDUX

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Sunday 7-Nov-21 - Rocky Mountain High REDUX

Post by Paughco »

We enjoyed our flight through the Rockies last Sunday, but we all agreed that it would have been better if we'd flown it in the opposite direction, over the relatively high but flat sections first, and saving the mountainous approach into Telluride for last. Plus, it would be way more fun in a higher performance aircraft, something equipped with oxygen. What we mutually agreed to do was fly Spitfires from Montrose (KMTJ) to Telluride (KTEX), using the reverse of the route we flew last Sunday. The flight is 199 miles long, and, according to Little Nav Map, should only take about 48 minutes in Spitfires. This means that we'll need to get creative; we'll have to take our time, have fun, explore the scenery, buzz every airport, and fly under every bridge we find along the way.

Here's the Skynet link: https://skyvector.com/?ll=38.2323552018 ... 54W%20KTEX.

Nobody complained about the weather during our flight last Sunday, so let's keep our weather program set for for historical, 1200 hrs, 25-Oct-21.

Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure. I hope I'm getting this right, as it's my first MP flight after the USA has set back our clocks one hour from daylight tome to standard time.

Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.

Comms through A2A MP Flying Chat 1.

Local takeoff time: 1200 Mountain Standard Time, 25-Oct-21.

Weather: historic, set for 1200 hrs, 25-Oct-21.

I'll post the LNV flight plan on Discord. Hey - what's the worst that can happen?

Seeya
ATB (Paughco).

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”