Sunday 5th June - B-17 MP Flight

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
DavidW
Airman First Class

Sunday 5th June - B-17 MP Flight

Post by DavidW »

It has been some time since we 'flexed' the wings of our B-17G Flying Fortresses so having been nominated :shock: to come up with a MP flight for the A2A Misfit Squadron I thought that as I have had one simmering on the back burner, trying to get it into something that we could fit into a couple of hours, now might be the time bring it to fruition.

This should take just over the usual two hour period and for that I apologise.

So here goes. We start, and finish, at KMUO Mountain Home AB and take a trip out south eastwards to gain altitude, between 12,000 and 15,000 feet, before turning back on ourselves and fly towards Saylor Creek bombing range for a bit of target practice; being the runway which runs at approximately 301degrees. Naturally trying to keep loose formation a-la Misfit style. :lol:

Some adjustment to the left to approach Waypoint 1 may be needed to get a straight run onto the target.

Naturally a full bomb load will be needed and also light fuel. However, you could get away with only 300 gallons in each respective fuel tanks, if desired.

So far for practice runs the weather has been socked in, using Active Sky 2016, so we may have to revert to fair weather on the actual day.

The MOA, Saylor Creek, is in ORBX OLC NA/CRM and also Google Maps has an image for reference purposes.

Link to SkyVector flight plan below:
https://skyvector.com/?ll=42.6270881410 ... YCA%20KMUO

Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure.

Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.

Comms through A2A Discord channel.

Start at: Mountain Home AB, KMUO

Local takeoff time: 0900.

Weather: To be decided at the time should it improve over the week, if not, then fair should suffice.
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”