Sunday 2-Oct-22 The Day Before German Reunification Day

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Sunday 2-Oct-22 The Day Before German Reunification Day

Post by Paughco »

Fellow Misfits: German Unity Day (German: Tag der Deutschen Einheit) is the National Day in Germany, celebrated on 3 October as a public holiday. It commemorates German reunification in 1990 when the Federal Republic of Germany (West Germany) and the German Democratic Republic (East Germany) were unified, so that for the first time since 1945 there existed a single German state. German Unity Day on 3 October has been the German National Holiday since 1990, when the reunification was formally completed. Here's a brief description of German Unity Day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Unity_Day.

Our Sunday flight will be on October 2nd, which is the day before East and West Germany reunified. We will retrace the jagged border between West Germany and East Germany from North to South, starting at Grube Airport (EDHB) and ending at Hof-Plauen Airport (EDQM).

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a map in my LNV program that showed the old German internal border. I merged a screenshot of Germany with an online map of East Germany, using the Sketchbook drawing program on my MS Surface, then planned our flight while comparing the merged picture to Little Nav Map. It's close, but by no means perfect.

I'll be in my P-51D for this one. The flight is 484 nm and will take about 1 hour and 47 minutes in a P-51. Block fuel for the Mustang for this flight is guesstimated to be 126 gallons.

Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure.

Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.

Comms through A2A Discord channel.

Start at: Grube Airport (EDHB).

Local takeoff time: 1200.

Weather: Historic for local time when you show up on 2-Oct-22.

Here's the flight plan on SkyVector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=52.4757544510 ... 06E%20EDQM

I'll post the LNV flight plan on Discord.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”