Sunday 23-Apr-2023 The Rain Run

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Sunday 23-Apr-2023 The Rain Run

Post by Paughco »

Fellow Misfits: The "Rain Run" is an annual Washington State BMW Riders motorcycle ride, done as a sort of "Spring Opener," from Pugetropolis down to Manzanita, Oregon. On Friday, April 28th, at about 08:00, I'll ride my BMW R1250RS from my secret headquarters in the Snoqualmie Valley to meet some of the Hog Ridin' Fools at the parking lot of South Sound BMW in Fife. We'll get some of that fine SoSo coffee, and then head out towards Manzanita. We'll come back home on Sunday. Here's a link to a "ride report" I posted on the WSBMWR web site after the 2022 Rain Run: https://wsbmwr.org/2022/05/a-fools-view ... -rain-run/.

Our flight next Sunday will be a "pre-run" of the 2023 Rain Run. Some of the guys come from the Bellingham area, so we'll start at Bellingham, Intl (KBLI) and fly down to Nehalem Bay State Airport (3S7). I'll be in my Cessna 182, which is neither a slow GA or a fast GA. Guess it's a half-fast GA (say that ten times real fast). The trip will not be a "direct boogie;" as we'll be flying the Olympic Peninsula scenic route, via Anacortes, Port Angeles, Sekiu, Quillayute, Westport, Ilwaco, and Seaside. There will be a plethora of airports for touch & go practice.

The flight is 255 nautical miles, and will take about 2 h 01 m in my Cessna 182. I recommend a Comanche or Bonanza if you don't have a Cessna 182, as the time should work out pretty well if you t&g at most of the airports along the way.

Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure.

Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.

Comms through A2A Discord channel.

Start at: Bellingham Intl Airportt (KBLI).

Local takeoff time: 1200, 23-Mar-2023

Weather: Live, unless the weather is particularly crappy. In that eventuality we'll pick a better historical date, or just go with default fair weather.

Here's the flight plan on SkyVector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=47.2682340735 ... 056S%203S7

I'll post the LNV flight plan on Discord.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”