Friday 5-May-2023 Aleutian Peninsula Boogie - Flight 01

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Friday 5-May-2023 Aleutian Peninsula Boogie - Flight 01

Post by Paughco »

Fellow Misfits. This will be the first segment in a flight that will take us from Juneau to the very tip of the Aleutian Island chain, the tiny island of Attu (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attu_Island). I would like to see the the Island of Attu because my father served on the USS Chandler, a Clemson-class destroyer that had been converted to a fast mine sweeper and redesignated as the DMS-9. In May 1943, she covered the amphibious landings at Attu, and in August 1943 the landings at Kiska. My pappy was on that ship from early 1942 during the battles in Alaska, then on the South Pacific, where she participated in landings in the Marshalls and Marianas in 1944, and further action in Leyte Gulf, and picket duty off of Iwo Jima.

Alaska's a pretty big place, and there's lots to see, so our trip will not be in a straight line - we'll wander around a bit. We'll be flying A2A P-51 Mustangs or equivalent on this flight.

Our first flight is from Juneau Intl (PAJN), to Valdez (PAVD). We won't just hug the coast; we'll explore around a bit. The flight will be 498 nautical miles long, and will take 2 hr 00 min at an estimated cruise speed of 245 knots (282 mph for you guys with the mil-spec version).

Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure.

Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.

Comms through A2A Discord channel.

Start at: Juneau International (KAJN).

Local takeoff time: 1200

Weather: Live

Here's the flight plan on SkyVector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=59.7732681621 ... 41W%20PAVD

I'll post the LNV flight plan on Discord.

Seeya
ATB

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: Friday 5-May-2023 Aleutian Peninsula Boogie - Flight 01

Post by ratty »

I think it's actually an archipelago. :D

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”