Batteries go dead even with APU running

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
Redlightning777
Airman

Batteries go dead even with APU running

Post by Redlightning777 »

Hi,

I just recently started to have this issue.. where the batteries will go dead, even with my apu running.

Setup the engineers panel like I always do.. apu running, put on body heater.. and after a short time.. the cockpit lights will go out.. followed by the fuel pumps.. etc.. and it gets to a point where the engine will not even turn over.

Any insight to this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Adam

EDIT: Well. I guess that FSUIPC extend battery life does not work with this aircraft.. not that I remember ever having that setting off in FSUIPC since I bought it as the battery fix was the main reason I bought it.. strange.. oh well. at least I found the issue.

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Re: Batteries go dead even with APU running

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

Hi,

Have you apart from starting the APU engaged its generator?
Lukas
ImageImage

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Redlightning777 wrote:Hi,

I just recently started to have this issue.. where the batteries will go dead, even with my apu running.

Setup the engineers panel like I always do.. apu running, put on body heater.. and after a short time.. the cockpit lights will go out.. followed by the fuel pumps.. etc.. and it gets to a point where the engine will not even turn over.

Any insight to this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Adam

EDIT: Well. I guess that FSUIPC extend battery life does not work with this aircraft.. not that I remember ever having that setting off in FSUIPC since I bought it as the battery fix was the main reason I bought it.. strange.. oh well. at least I found the issue.
I noted this interaction way back in the B-377 Beta and had to set the FSUIPC4 battery life extend feature to 0, I think.
Glad you managed to sort it out on your own. Hopefully your post will help others that may stumble upon this issue.
It is just due to the way the electrical system is modeled in the B-377 Accu-Sim code.

Looking at my FSUIPC4.ini file I see the line "MagicBattery=No" so that is apparently the setting I settled on.
You can always change the action when you fly other aircraft by either changing the feature setting in the
FSUIPC menu or edit the INI file [General] section:

MagicBattery=No
//MagicBattery=2

or

//MagicBattery=No
MagicBattery=2

EDIT: OK, I found the old thread that addressed this issue. See the posting that I made (quoted) back in 2009:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 38#p134238

Paul

Redlightning777
Airman

Post by Redlightning777 »

Thanks for the clarification... its funny, I searched for every possible combination of my issue.. and never came across that specific post.

Maybe if I had, I would not have wasted 2 hours trying to figure it out. :) At least its done, if it had been any other aircraft, I would have given up after 2 min. I just HAD to fly it. lol.

Again .. thanks.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”