Boeing 377

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
Big Iron Cargo co.
Airman

Boeing 377

Post by Big Iron Cargo co. »

I have experienced the loss of ADF and VOR signal in both.The freq. changing is all normal but not able to receive signal. Any ideas how to fix? sig: Capt. Driscoll (Big Iron Cargo driver)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Boeing 377

Post by Scott - A2A »

Are you just having this problem with the 377? If so, can you describe exactly what is / isn't happening?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Big Iron Cargo co.
Airman

Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I have changed aircraft and the ADF on the Boeing wouldn' work then after I changed to another a/c it worked then returning to the Boeing 377 it was working. My mouse pointer doesnt text what I am point at any longer. Any ideas? Thanks capt. Driscolls spokesman.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

How about a normal, newly created flight, without changing the aircrafts?

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Big Iron Cargo co.
Airman

If I start a new flight it will not work at all, no ADF and no VOR indications or text in the mouse arrow. this is only in the B 377.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

How about the COM radios? Are you able to talk to and hear the ATC while your ADF and NAV is out of order?

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Big Iron Cargo co.
Airman

Thanks for the response Rob. I seem to only have the radio problems on the 377. I have capt sim 707 and the radioes work fine. On the 377 I can select freqs. on both ADF anb vor along with com freqs. I donot have the text on the mouse when it is pointed to a certaan device such as lights or radio ect. the arrow pointer works ok however.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Do you mean you have no tooltips? Anywhere in the cockpit?

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Big Iron Cargo co.
Airman

Thats correct I experienced this once before but it corrected it's self. That was about 3 mos. ago. I have no tooltips in the other a/c either. I have ident signal on the VHF nav a the Glide slope and the course deviatior work but no RMI indication.The ADF isn't working also.

Big Iron Cargo co.
Airman

It seems as everything is back on line I sure don't understand but thanks for taking the interest.Lets see what happens. I am doing XC in the San Diego area and ILS aproches to Lindburg field then going back to the south pacific in the Marshall Islands and see if it still works.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Glad to hear you are good. Be aware that when you move the eyepoint inside an object, for example the head rest, the tooltips will not show up over the mouse (you won't be able to click switches neither). Maybe that was the reason.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Big Iron Cargo co.
Airman

Thanks Rob for the help. I am not much of a computer guy but I sure like that Boeing 377. I'll keep watching the info on the A2A site and see what happens next. Do you think the operation will ever make a B 29 out of the 377 as they have most of the aircraft already? Thanks again I am off to the Marshall Islands into never never land. Big Iron!

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”