cockpit lighting

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
FireRescue85
Senior Airman

cockpit lighting

Post by FireRescue85 »

Quick question:

Getting back into the 377 from quite a long absence. Is there only the single switch to turn on cockpit and cabin lights? My question is, for overnight flights is there a way to dim the cabin lights for passengers to sleep?

-Scott
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: cockpit lighting

Post by flapman »

It's been a little while since I've flown it, but I remember there being only one switch for cockpit lighting. I believe cabin lighting is triggered automatically based on various settings (day/night, nav or cockpit lights?). In reality you as a pilot woudln't have any/much control over the cabin lighting. You would be primarily concerned with providing the cabin with power (and pressurization/heating). Stewards/Stewardesses are provided with controls in the cabin to set lights/temperature appropriately. You're probably gonna have to use your imagination to see your cabin crew dimming the cabin lights for sleeping passengers as I don't think that feature is modeled. :mrgreen:

FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Re: cockpit lighting

Post by FireRescue85 »

Haha thanks flapman, I wasn’t sure if I was missing something or if it was just that one switch. I’ve been flying the L049 lately, and that cockpit has multiple light controls, so going back to the 377 I was looking for something that wasn’t there.

-Scott
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”