Uninstall B377 and Cots

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
wmbutler
Airman Basic

Uninstall B377 and Cots

Post by wmbutler »

I am setting up a new computer for FSX. After setting up the OS and FSX on SSD drive one of the first programs installed was A2A's B377 and B377 COTS. Had problem initially with B377 install. I uninstalled and reinstalled. The B377 worked correctly. I installed B377 COTs and updated with your combined product updater. With COTS installed the program opens with all four engines running, engine 1 running rough, and the program stuck in a "loop" with engineer saying "oil pressure rising, oil pressure's OK" continues. I tried a number of things uninstalling and reinstalling, looking at engine condition, auto starting, etc. but nothing solved the situation. What is correct way to uninstall A2A products in particular B377 and COTS? I am confused by the 3 choices-automatic, selective, and repair. I have tried both automatic and repair to no avail. I know uninstall does remove all A2A entries on C:drive (A2A folder, fsx.cfg references, Simobject entries) and I believe there are A2A entries in register that uninstall does not remove. Question: How do I completely remove all parts of the B377 and COTS installation including all registry entries. I know how to edit the register. Without a complete uninstall of B377/COTS; my only option is reinstall the OS and reinstall all programs which I am willing to do but would rather not. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

WilliamB

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Uninstall B377 and Cots

Post by Tomas Linnet »

did you uncheck "automixture" in FSX? if automixture is ticked, then the engines will not run for long, this causes a loss of oil pressure
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello William,

As a general rule, reinstalling (and especially making changes to the registry) should only done as a last resort.

Instead, making simple changes to settings in FSX can often resolve issues. Please can you make sure "auto-mixture" isn't enabled is the FSX realism settings as Tomas suggests.

Thanks,
Nick

wmbutler
Airman Basic

Post by wmbutler »

I would like to thank you both, Thomas and Nick, for your quick response. The automixture was selected. With computers you either know the answer or you may try and solve the problem by fixing something that isn't broken. I only wish I had put my question to the forum earlier. I have installed A2A's B377 several times and all worked without my checking the automixture. It must have been automatically selected on my new installation. I have several other A2A simulation's; the J-3 Cub, B-17, T-6 Texan, and Constellation. While I like them all the B377 is my favorite.

Thanks again.

WilliamB

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Glad I could help! It’s not the first time this has caught someone out during a new install of FSX. Auto mixture is on by default. Don’t hesitate to post here, A2A has the best support! :D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”