Where is the cabin rattle sound file?

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
RacingBoss
Airman

Where is the cabin rattle sound file?

Post by RacingBoss »

I'm looking for the sound file that plays when the engines are at high power and the cabin shakes and rattles. I've been having issues of this of hearing this sound at lower MP. I have overhauled engines, have it at 40mp, and 2200 RPM and it still rattles sometimes. I hate hearing it the whole time I'm climbing.

Sometimes it acts normal and I hear it when I'm supposed to(I.E on takeoff when MP higher than 55 inches). Then I can switch planes and come back to the 377 and when I go to takeoff and climb I hear the rattling when I shouldn't. Can't figure out why it acts normal sometimes and plays when it shouldn't other times.

I'd just like know where the file is so I can either turn down the volume of the file through Audacity. Or disable it all together. Is it an accusim sound and you cannot get to it?

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: Where is the cabin rattle sound file?

Post by TreeTops »

2 things to check. Firstly, being close to stall will produce that sound.
Second, when you take off are the cowl flaps set to 3 or less. My last takeoff had me slightly puzzled about this sound until I saw I still had them wound out.
Cheers
Trev

RacingBoss
Airman

Post by RacingBoss »

TreeTops wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 20:03 2 things to check. Firstly, being close to stall will produce that sound.
Second, when you take off are the cowl flaps set to 3 or less. My last takeoff had me slightly puzzled about this sound until I saw I still had them wound out.
Negative on the stalling. My cowl flaps are whatever my engineer has them at. Which is never more than 30% open.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

What about power settings? Detonation can be a source of vibrations which can rattle the cockpit. Additionally is there anything you can do power or speed wise to alter the rattles?

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

RacingBoss
Airman

Post by RacingBoss »

Scott - A2A wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 07:11 What about power settings? Detonation can be a source of vibrations which can rattle the cockpit. Additionally is there anything you can do power or speed wise to alter the rattles?

Scott
My engines say excellent condition. The rattling will go away when I lower the MP to 30. I usually climb at 40-45 MP, 2400-2500 RPM, no flaps(they get gradually raised after takeoff), maintain between 800-1000 FPM, and the engineer usually has the cowl flaps no more than 25% open after you leave the ground. And yes I remember to raise my gear :P

I flew the plane today and it was fine. Yesterday it was not. And I did nothing different and have not overhauled the engines. Something with the sound has to messing with things.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

OK this sounds pretty normal. Engine vibrations tend to come and go based on many different conditions.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

RacingBoss
Airman

Post by RacingBoss »

Scott - A2A wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 18:20 OK this sounds pretty normal. Engine vibrations tend to come and go based on many different conditions.

Scott
OK, I usually use real world weather from Active Sky. Yesterday in my area is was fairly cold(low 30sF). Today was a bit warmer(low 50s). Maybe I did not let it warm up properly or whatever.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, you might be onto something there, the engines not being warmed up correctly means they will tend to push back when pushed too early, before they are really ready.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”