Issues after replacing hard drive

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
RacingBoss
Airman

Issues after replacing hard drive

Post by RacingBoss »

The flight engineer does not work after reinstalling/coping over files from the old hard drive. I just replaced the hard drive in my PC with an SSD. I wanted my career stats and other addon aircraft to transfer easily so I copied over my FSX and A2A folder in documents from the old hard drive to the new SSD. I also copied over my entire FSX folder in steam. I deleted the A2A aircraft from sim objects and deleted the A2A folder in the main FSX folder. I used my installers to install the 377-accusim-then COTS pack. Now the flight engineer no longer does anything and I cannot turn on career mode. What did I mess up :shock: ?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Issues after replacing hard drive

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

It's hard to be sure what's caused the problem, but manually relocating installations in this way does sometimes create issues.

What I'd recommend in your case is finding the "A2A" folder in your main FSX directory and open the "B377" folder that's inside it. If there's a folder here including "update" in its name, please delete it.

Then run the most recent Accu-Sim update which is available here.

If this doesn't help, please can you give us a bit more info on how you reinstalled your OS when replacing the drive. Sound like you may have reinstalled Windows on the new drive rather than cloning it from the old one. If so, did you install FSX-SE properly via Steam, rather than just copying its installation folder?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

RacingBoss
Airman

Post by RacingBoss »

Nick - A2A wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 14:54 Hello,

It's hard to be sure what's caused the problem, but manually relocating installations in this way does sometimes create issues.

What I'd recommend in your case is finding the "A2A" folder in your main FSX directory and open the "B377" folder that's inside it. If there's a folder here including "update" in its name, please delete it.

Then run the most recent Accu-Sim update which is available here.

If this doesn't help, please can you give us a bit more info on how you reinstalled your OS when replacing the drive. Sound like you may have reinstalled Windows on the new drive rather than cloning it from the old one. If so, did you install FSX-SE properly via Steam, rather than just copying its installation folder?

Thanks,
Nick
Yes, I reinstalled the OS and installed steam then FSX. I did not clone the drive. Then I just copied over what I wanted from the old drive by connecting it through a SATA to USB cable.

I did what you said and ran the update. The engineer still does nothing and I cannot turn on career mode. Could the A2A files in the documents folder be causing an issue?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks. It's probably worth deleting the "Documents\A2A" folder completely just in case there's an issue with a corrupted file here. When you do this, the folder should be recreated and populated next time you launch the 377. If it's not, it indicates that the Accu-Sim module isn't able to write to this location for some reason.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

RacingBoss
Airman

Post by RacingBoss »

Nick - A2A wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 15:16 Okay, thanks. It's probably worth deleting the "Documents\A2A" folder completely just in case there's an issue with a corrupted file here. When you do this, the folder should be recreated and populated next time you launch the 377. If it's not, it indicates that the Accu-Sim module isn't able to write to this location for some reason.

Cheers,
Nick
OK, I deleted the folder and relaunched the sim in the 377. It did repopulate the folder, but the flight engineer still does not do anything. When I click to activate him he does not even respond. If I remember correctly, he's supposed to say "OK, captain".

RacingBoss
Airman

Post by RacingBoss »

RacingBoss wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 15:25
Nick - A2A wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 15:16 Okay, thanks. It's probably worth deleting the "Documents\A2A" folder completely just in case there's an issue with a corrupted file here. When you do this, the folder should be recreated and populated next time you launch the 377. If it's not, it indicates that the Accu-Sim module isn't able to write to this location for some reason.

Cheers,
Nick
OK, I deleted the folder and relaunched the sim in the 377. It did repopulate the folder, but the flight engineer still does not do anything. When I click to activate him he does not even respond. If I remember correctly, he's supposed to say "OK, captain".
Do you know where A2A all puts files? In the FSX directory I know of Simobjects(obviously) and the A2A folder. In documents, it should just be the A2A folder there as well. Are there other files in FSX's root sound and effects folders? I want to uninstall the 377 and delete anything and everything A2A adds to the folders. Otherwise I may be left to do a complete reinstall of FSX and hope that fixes the issue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Apologies for the somewhat delayed reply RacingBoss. Did you manage to resolve this issue with your installation?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”