Help with Installation order

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
Flyboy 88
Airman

Help with Installation order

Post by Flyboy 88 »

Hello
I would like to thank you guys for all your help I will be definetly purchasing your bonanza in the future for fsx.
However I have a small problem when I went to install the stratocruiser I installed the captain of the ship before I installed the 377 the aircraft malfunctioned, and then I realized from the read me that the plane must be installed before the expansion pack so when I went to uninstall then reinstall it the captain of the ship for the stratocruiser said it could not uninstall since there was no installation folder. What can be done to mitigate this? I am sorry I though they came like the Connie as one pack :oops:.

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Help with Installation order

Post by FAC257 »

Have you tried just going ahead and installing the 377, then install COTS. That might clear up the lack of folder problem.

What I would do next is to then uninstall both. COTS first, then the 377. Once that is done re-install both, in the correct order.
FAC257

Flyboy 88
Airman

Post by Flyboy 88 »

Thanks I tried that but I am still having problems and I may need to reinstall fsx due to a sound config file missing :evil: can Scott or someone assist me with this? Thanks and sorry for not responding sooner.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Flyboy 88,

Please can you just confirm the exact error message that the installer is showing when you try to uninstall? Does is say "could not open INSTALL.LOG" or similar?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Flyboy 88
Airman

Post by Flyboy 88 »

Hey Nick
Thanks For your assistance Yes the problem was that A: the Stratocruiser's Captain of the ship would install before the airplane without throwing me an error message in the Installer and B: When I went to uninstall the Stratocruiser to rectify the problem I would get a "Can't find a installation log error message" Strangely The strat worked perfectly but FSX had corrupt sound on all the other planes outside of A2A which is why I need to reinstall. I don't know if this to much info but I also own and fly on x-plane so all the aircraft files are drag and drop. (You don't install off a wizard.) 8)

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”