A Nav and Engine question

Honest, reliable, iconic American fighter
Louis8m
Airman First Class

Re: A Nav and Engine question

Post by Louis8m »

How you making out at flying that thing MKiV Hvd? Every day i go from Calgary to High River CEN4 the free ware from Orbx .My son was an instruction there then i go back to Calgary and land on that long 14,000 foot new runway.to get the hang of this thing .She sure is a different beast, its coming along but you really have to stay on top of it . Did you know the owner of High River flight center got killed a couple months back ? around Duncan i think in his twin , i think there was 4 on board and not sure what happened , my son used to work for him. You'll see the Tomahawk parked there in the freeware, he let me fly it to Vulcan for a fly in breakfast .
Louis Massicotte -Caroline alberta

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Re: A Nav and Engine question

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Louis8m wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 09:02 How you making out at flying that thing MKiV Hvd? Every day i go from Calgary to High River CEN4 the free ware from Orbx .My son was an instruction there then i go back to Calgary and land on that long 14,000 foot new runway.to get the hang of this thing .She sure is a different beast, its coming along but you really have to stay on top of it . Did you know the owner of High River flight center got killed a couple months back ? around Duncan i think in his twin , i think there was 4 on board and not sure what happened , my son used to work for him. You'll see the Tomahawk parked there in the freeware, he let me fly it to Vulcan for a fly in breakfast .
Hey Louis8m it's all good thanks! I haven't flown it much, but enough to have a pretty good handle on it. I have a bunch of Harvard time so that's been a benefit, but I find the P-40 to be the easiest of the fighters to fly...other than all the manual-ness and hydraulic system gymnastics :wink: You do have to stay on top of it for sure and it's really satisfying when you realize you're getting comfortable with it...and *that's* the time to be extra vigilant :wink: :mrgreen:

My unofficial sim home is High River...the first hangar on the left west of the gas pumps actually :wink: I did know about the crash...it was an Aerostar 602p. I've been out of RW aviation for quite some time so didn't know him. Ahhh fly-in breakfasts on the southern Alberta prairies...lots of good memories there! One of my first was a trip to Hanna in 1970 just after Dad bought his first Harvard 8) :D

Have fun with the P-40 Sir!

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”