Update 20.4.10.0 note

Honest, reliable, iconic American fighter
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Update 20.4.10.0 note

Post by Paughco »

Installed update 20.4.10.0. Took my P-40 on a test flight from Sequim Valley (W28) to Arlington (KAWO). First thing I noticed was that the mirror was gone! I found the mirror selection in the P-40 Aircraft Configurator program, and got the mirror squared away. This required completely reloading the aircraft. I took off on Rwy 27, and I retracted the gear. Uh-oh, the trigger on my Thrustmaster stick no longer activated the hydraulic pump. I moused the button on the top of the stick to get my gear up. I got the P-40 Input Configurator program going, and set the trigger on the stick to activate the hydraulic pump; fortunately this was done literally "on the fly" and did not need reloading of the aircraft. I also confirmed that my settings of Shift+F and Cntrl+F still work for switching the fuel selector. Cool.

So there I was, at 2,500 feet, flying toward KAWO at dusk. This is right in the middle of the ORBX Pacific Northwest scenery, with ORBX clouds and weather. I was getting about 18 fps, not somewhere between 20 and 30, which is more what I'd hope to see. Landed on Rwy 29, as there was a pretty serious crosswind on the main runway, Rwy 34. Taxied to my parking spot between the red Bonanza and the Cessna 182-ish airplane, and shut her down. I played around with the mirror settings and found that I really don't need that mirror after all. Probably the real Army 155 didn't have a mirror, so I deleted that sucker and will take the better fps, thank you.

Meanwhile, I am still totally digging my A2A P-40B, Army 155. Looking forward to the day that I can ride my motorcycle up to Paine Field and use my FHCAM membership card to get in and stand near the early model P-40 they have there.

We are making it over the hump. We still have a way to go, so we have to keep ourselves and others safe for the long haul. It's like that thing Churchill said: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Hang in. Stay safe. Keep on rockin' in a free world.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”