Prop Control on Startup

Honest, reliable, iconic American fighter
new reply
ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Prop Control on Startup

Post by ClipperLuna »

Regarding the prop control when starting. I've seen information that suggests it should be set to manual low pitch and I've seen info that says set it to auto and high pitch. Or maybe we're meant to manually set it to low pitch, then set the switch to auto before starting? That's what the checklist and procedures manual (page 32) seems to imply.

jester292
Airman Basic

Re: Prop Control on Startup

Post by jester292 »

ChipperLuna I know what you're referring to and I've seen the same info. I just keep the prop in Auto when I start my P-40.
A2A P-40
A2A P-47

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

jester292 wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 08:45 ChipperLuna I know what you're referring to and I've seen the same info. I just keep the prop in Auto when I start my P-40.
Ditto... :)
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Thank you both for chiming in. Yea, that's what I've taken to doing myself; I just leave it on Auto. I wonder what the reason for moving it to manual low would be? Maybe so you can check that the pitch control mechanism is working before you start it?

new reply

Return to “P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”