2 stupid questions

Honest, reliable, iconic American fighter
new reply
florence
Senior Airman

2 stupid questions

Post by florence »

Hi, as the title suggests, I would like to ask for 2 slightly stupid information and I apologize, I hope A2A will not be offended ... they are simple curiosities ... the first is how come when I shutdown in the VC if I switch to the external view, it still feels the sound of the engine that switches off late ... the second if I save the flight with the canopy closed without a pilot and weels ckochs on returning I find the pilot and without weels ckochs ..
it is nothing absolutely serious only I was wondering if it was possible to modify ..

Thanks David

P.S.
I apologize for my bad English Google Translate

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Re: 2 stupid questions

Post by curtis72561 »

florence wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 04:03 Hi, as the title suggests, I would like to ask for 2 slightly stupid information and I apologize, I hope A2A will not be offended ... they are simple curiosities ... the first is how come when I shutdown in the VC if I switch to the external view, it still feels the sound of the engine that switches off late ... the second if I save the flight with the canopy closed without a pilot and weels ckochs on returning I find the pilot and without weels ckochs ..
it is nothing absolutely serious only I was wondering if it was possible to modify ..

Thanks David

P.S.
I may know the second answer. When you choose cold and dark from external view there is no pilot. But as soon as you enter cockpit you are the pilot and the aircraft knows this. So if you return to external view there will be a pilot. I noticed this also. If you think about it's pretty cool that it sees you enter the plane and keeps you there until you actually tell the pilot to exit. Hope this is right and makes since. If it's wrong there will be somebody that knows.
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

My P-40 has always had a slight engine sound as you described in point one above. No idea why. “They all do that.” 😄

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

curtis72561 wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 05:56
florence wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 04:03 Hi, as the title suggests, I would like to ask for 2 slightly stupid information and I apologize, I hope A2A will not be offended ... they are simple curiosities ... the first is how come when I shutdown in the VC if I switch to the external view, it still feels the sound of the engine that switches off late ... the second if I save the flight with the canopy closed without a pilot and weels ckochs on returning I find the pilot and without weels ckochs ..

Thanks David

P.S.
I may know the second answer. When you choose cold and dark from external view there is no pilot. But as soon as you enter cockpit you are the pilot and the aircraft knows this. So if you return to external view there will be a pilot. I noticed this also. If you think about it's pretty cool that it sees you enter the plane and keeps you there until you actually tell the pilot to exit. Hope this is right and makes since. If it's wrong there will be somebody that knows.
..... of course I understand but I mean engine off, I'm going to save the flight in an external view, and therefore I'm out of the plane, when I return to P3D I open the flight and it appears correctly in an external view, so I'm not entered the plane, but inside the vc there is the pilot.
I hope you understand ....

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

Paughco wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 10:43 My P-40 has always had a slight engine sound as you described in point one above. No idea why. “They all do that.” 😄
yes of course I guess everyone does, I just wanted to understand if it was a bug and if it could be eliminated ....

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I've never tried this before, but I'll try to remember next time I fly the P-40: Hit [S] to get outside view, then the button on my joystick that sets mixture to idle-cutoff. It will be interesting to see if I get a little engine sound when I go back into the cockpit. Also, I'll try shutting down mags and battery switches, then waiting maybe 20 seconds before going to outside view.

Seeya
ATB

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

Paughco wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 16:11 I've never tried this before, but I'll try to remember next time I fly the P-40: Hit [S] to get outside view, then the button on my joystick that sets mixture to idle-cutoff. It will be interesting to see if I get a little engine sound when I go back into the cockpit. Also, I'll try shutting down mags and battery switches, then waiting maybe 20 seconds before going to outside view.

Seeya
ATB
OK do the test and then you can tell me ...

new reply

Return to “P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”