P-40 maintenance hangar won't open and engine won't start

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JacobRhyne
Airman Basic

P-40 maintenance hangar won't open and engine won't start

Post by JacobRhyne »

Hello, I just installed the P-40 tonight for FSX Steam. When I try to load the P-40, it doesn't want to load correctly. The maintenance hangar will not open up when I start a flight. I've tried closing my simulator, restarting my computer, and reopening my simulator to start a new flight, no luck. The engine will not start either. Can you give me some help on how to fix this problem?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P-40 maintenance hangar won't open and engine won't start

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Jacob,

Following on from your earlier post, did you run the Accu-Sim update again after installing the P-40?

Also, please can you let us know if the hangar is opening as expected in the Cherokee or any other A2A aircraft which may be installed? When it comes to starting the engine in the P-40, are you starting manually or have you unsuccessfully tried an auto-start too?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JacobRhyne
Airman Basic

Post by JacobRhyne »

No. I have uninstalled FSX Steam and the P-40. When I try to start the P-40 using auto start, it doesn’t work. I will try to reinstall the simulator and see if it works.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, not sure why you reinstalled FSX-SE, but please let us know how you get on after having done this.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ricardocaruz
Airman Basic

Post by ricardocaruz »

I have the same issue. I downloaded the P40 and the maintenance and hangars menus don't open. I just press shift+number and a quick black pop comes out, but doesn't show anything. I already reinstalled the P40, accusim, also updated the accusim latest version and direct x. I tried everthing but nothing works. I don't know what else to do. I've seen the same problem in other users and didn't find a solution. Any futher help is apreciated. Thank you so much.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

ricardocaruz wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 16:03 I have the same issue. I downloaded the P40 and the maintenance and hangars menus don't open. I just press shift+number and a quick black pop comes out, but doesn't show anything. I already reinstalled the P40, accusim, also updated the accusim latest version and direct x. I tried everthing but nothing works. I don't know what else to do. I've seen the same problem in other users and didn't find a solution. Any futher help is apreciated. Thank you so much.
Sounds like your FSX isnt updated or that you maybe have our transparency set so the panels are displayed but invisible. Do the panels work in default aircraft?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ricardocaruz
Airman Basic

Post by ricardocaruz »

Hi Lewis. Thank you for your answer. Yes, my default panels work perfectly. It just happens in the A2A aircrafts. After some research I think the problem comes from the XPACK, but not sure because I already reinstalled it and no change. Do you think the SDK has anything to do with this problem? Thanks a lot

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Which FSX edition are you running?

If its steam edition you can just run a verification of the files and it'll fix this stuff.

If its the old disc versions then you might want to try a reinstall of simconnect, from the troubleshooting FAQ;

How to fix SimConnect:
You can test if simconnect is working by opening up the default Cessna 172 and check to see if you have gauges. If you do not have gauges, then SimConnect is probably not working.

AUTOMATIC
- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: https://a2asimulations.com/public/downl ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”