Funny little initial experience with Accucore 1.5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Funny little initial experience with Accucore 1.5

Post by bigjuicyspider »

I had an anomaly the first time I loaded the P-40 up after installing the 1.5 Core update. I noticed that some little things didn't work...like the flaps didn't work with Auto Hydraulic pump, the landing lights didn't extend, etc...I did a complete overhaul even though there was nothing wrong with the plane, and then all worked well (including voluminous landing lights without having to have the Spit, thanks). Just as a precaution, I deleted the .log files for the other P-40 variants, and also the P-51, although that may have been stupid, since this precludes me from examining the issue further or providing any new information on what may have happened. All is okay for me now, since I don't keep track of hours and such anyway, but I just wanted to give a heads up, in case there was something funny going on...its hopefully nothing. BTW, I like the new prop drag and my first impression was that the plane was a bit easier to land as a result.
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Funny little initial experience with Accucore 1.5

Post by robert41 »

Had a similar experience.
First flight with the P40 and P51.
Cold start with APU/GPU running, warming up, turn off APU/GPU, turn on batt, gen, then notice, no electrical power. Lights, some gauges, ect.
Turn APU/GPU back on, everything now working.
Next flight, with cold start, batt powewr is there.
Thinking with the core update, needed to charge the batt?

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

It's the battery. They changed the way hangar auto-recharges your battery. It used to only half-recharge it but for v1.5 they chose to make hangar recharge it full. They might also made other changes to battery module so apparently data on battery charge state is lost when running Core 1.5 update.

You didn't have to do a complete overhaul. Just visit the hangar and exit. The battery is then recharged.

I noticed the new battery was installed empty when I stepped into the cockpit and turned on master battery switch, yet got no readings from any of the temperature sensors.

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

whiic wrote:It's the battery.....
You didn't have to do a complete overhaul. Just visit the hangar and exit. The battery is then recharged....
It's okay in my case since I had actually meant to wipe out the .log files anyway before installing 1.5 in the first place, and/or almost all of the planes were in a virtually new condition anyway. This is good to know though for people who want to carry forth with their hours.
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”