P-40 Engine Start Issues

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Gladius
Airman

P-40 Engine Start Issues

Post by Gladius »

I'm trying to get my new P-40 to work, but something isn't right. I have a default plane as my default in P3D4.5. When I load the P-40, the engine sounds like it's running, but the propeller isn't turning. I can't access the Hangar, it says that the engine is running. At the same time, P3D is sending me messages that an engine isn't running, and I should press Control+E to start one.

I've tried uninstalling the P-40, and reinstalling it. I used the link provided in another thread to update the model. I've downloaded and installed SimConnect again. What else can I try?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P-40 Engine Start Issues

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

how did you update your P3D itself?

When installing are you installing to the same location each time. When loading are you only trying one load or starting a new flight each time?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Gladius
Airman

Post by Gladius »

What do you mean by, "Hoy did you update P3D itself?" I didn't update P3D, it's already up to date.

I uninstalled the P-40, and then reinstalled it to the same location. I usually shut down P3D when the plane doesn't respond. So, it's a fresh load each time I try the plane.

My system specs are: MSI GE62 7RD Apache laptop with an I7 6700H CPU and an GTX 1050 video card. I'm running Windows 10.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

so you downloaded the full updater for P3D to get to 4.5 or is it a v4 install thats been updated bit by bit?

What is your default flight in the sim?

Are you using any other third party software in your P3D etc?

thanks
Lewis

Gladius
Airman

Post by Gladius »

Ahh, I see now. I installed a fresh copy of P3D v4.5. I believe HF2 was included. It was build 4.5.13.32097

My default flight is the F-22 out of Eglin AFB.

I have a bunch of Orbx scenery - All the Global, all the NA Regions, and lots of airports, mostly on the West Coast. I have all the Flightbeam NA airports installed. I have GSX level 2, Active Sky, REX Skyforce and Environment Force, although I haven't been using any of these while trying to get the P-40 working (haven't even started them up). I use Chaseplane also. And that's it.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello

Can you please run p3d as admin (right click and select run as admin) and then start a new flight to see what happens.

Please make sure all other third party addons are disabled inclusding any 'launchers' you might be running as those are known to cause flight load issues.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Gladius
Airman

Post by Gladius »

I always run P3D as Admin. I disabled all third party add-ons, and tried again. Still no change. The plane loads, it sounds like it's running, but all the visuals (gauges, propeller) indicated that it's not. I can move the throttle, flip switches, etc. but can't get the engine to start. If I cut the mixture and turn offf the magnetos, it does sound like the engine dies, but I still can't get it started again. Even then, I can't get into the maintenance hangar - it thinks the engine is running. I can't even bypass it like the note says.

DavidHerky
Airman First Class

Post by DavidHerky »

Hi, I took advantage of the A2A offer of this module for free.

Being a fan of A2A for a long while.

I too found the engine did not start as expected. I thought it was flooding every time?

So I used the pop up autostart. Unfortunately that didn't work either. Same issues, engine turned over several times as inertial starter worked, but no ignition?

I resorted to Ctrl+e to start her up.

The other thing missing are firing the guns. That would have been great! Even greater would be Tacpack integration, but can't have everything!😉

So it's s nice gift, but spoiled a bit!

Cheers.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Gladius wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 13:47 I always run P3D as Admin. I disabled all third party add-ons, and tried again. Still no change. The plane loads, it sounds like it's running, but all the visuals (gauges, propeller) indicated that it's not. I can move the throttle, flip switches, etc. but can't get the engine to start. If I cut the mixture and turn offf the magnetos, it does sound like the engine dies, but I still can't get it started again. Even then, I can't get into the maintenance hangar - it thinks the engine is running. I can't even bypass it like the note says.
Hello,

what happens when you try to get into the maintenance hanger?

Do any off your pop up panels work?

This does soound like a core P3D issue if simconect isnt starting correctly for you. You mentioned installing multiple simcommect's, but only one might be required when troubleshooting and only as a step way down the troubleshooting road. Can you please let me know what exactly you installed, I am thinking maybe you installed an old old fsx version or somesuch.

thanks,
Lewis

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

DavidHerky wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 03:24 Hi, I took advantage of the A2A offer of this module for free.

I too found the engine did not start as expected. I thought it was flooding every time?

So I used the pop up autostart. Unfortunately that didn't work either. Same issues, engine turned over several times as inertial starter worked, but no ignition?

The other thing missing are firing the guns. That would have been great! Even greater would be Tacpack integration, but can't have everything!😉

Cheers.
Hello Dave,

can I ask you start a new thread please so we can help you out. Your issue will be different (for example your aircraft is running and if cntrl-e works then the system is working and the issue will be pilot error on start, as cntrl-e is just the AI going through the start procedure to get the aircraft up and running.

thanks,
Lewis

Gladius
Airman

Post by Gladius »

Yes, my other panels work, and yes, the simconnect download that I found on this forum was for FSX. That could very well be the issue. Do you have a link to a P3D version?

DavidHerky
Airman First Class

Post by DavidHerky »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 04:47
DavidHerky wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 03:24 Hi, I took advantage of the A2A offer of this module for free.

Cheers.
Hello Dave,

can I ask you start a new thread please so we can help you out. Your issue will be different (for example your aircraft is running and if cntrl-e works then the system is working and the issue will be pilot error on start, as cntrl-e is just the AI going through the start procedure to get the aircraft up and running.

thanks,
Lewis
Thanks Lewis.

I've no doubt it's my start procedure that's wonky! Too used to those big radial engines. I'll read the manual.

Any chance of making the guns fire? Perhaps this isn't modelled?

Many thanks

Best regards
David

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”