P40 fonts

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P40 fonts

Post by Nick - A2A »

As you say Hook, it's an interesting one. Maybe it's not the .ttf but the system .fon font which it's looking for. Just out of interest, what the exact filename of "Courier Regular" on your system if you right click it in the "Fonts" folder and select properties?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

rosariomanzo wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 14:11 Problem solved!!!!!

I have installed a very old "coure.fon", so not a TTF, and this fixed the problem.

Thank you guys for the kind help!
Posted my previous reply just before I saw Ros's reply above. So seems it's definitely a missing WIndows system font (*.fon) which causes the issue. One to file away for future reference anyway!

Cheers guys,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Yay! :D \o/ woot!

Congrats. And thanks to Nick for pointing me to c:\windows\fonts which I didn't know about.

Hook

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Thanks again and sorry for any headache I may have given to you!
Ros

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

If I look in Font Settings I don't see any of those fonts.

In C:\Windows\fonts I see the font but it's displayed as a font sample. I had to check properties to get the coure.fon file name. I put that as an edit to my earlier post.

Glad we got this one figured out, but Ros did the hard work by determining he had an old version of the font.

Hook

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

rosariomanzo wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 14:19 Thanks again and sorry for any headache I may have given to you!
No headache. I like interesting problems. :D And I think we learned something along the way.

Hook

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

rosariomanzo wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 14:19 Thanks again and sorry for any headache I may have given to you!
You're welcome Ros and no headache at all as Hook says. Topics like this can be very informative for me, as well as for others who find themselves with the same issue and search threads like this one out. :)

Hook wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 14:17 Yay! :D \o/ woot!
Yep, at times like this, any small victory is worth celebrating. Woot! :mrgreen:

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”